I recently acquired a new device, the Guitar Resonator (GR-1 by vibesware.com). I recommend you visit the site to see the device in action and how it sounds within a rock music context. I plan on doing rock-based songs with the GR-1, but the song below uses nothing more than a fairly clean amp (only a touch of gain), the GR-1 and my vibrato arm on an Ibanez JS2400. Once you crank the gain/distortion on your amp/pedals, you get some wild feedback harmonics that you can integrate with regular playing and your usual equipment. It adds a really nice touch and finish to soloing work. I will have a review up on this product in the near future.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/logicbdj/music/all/play1021078
I really liked the song, good production and the acoustic sounds nice and dreamy. Where'd you get the strings from, I think they sound better than any string synths I have right now!

As for the lead, I really like the sound you got out of it and the feel of the song. It kind of sounds like Dave Gilmour playing through a Mellotron. I thought maybe you could've used more of the neck as it sounded like about 80% of the notes were around about the same place. Also you could try sustaining more than one note at a time for different harmonies etc.
I think if you could bring a delay into it about half way through for a section and play around with that you could get some really cool sounds coming out of it.

Overall I really liked it, nice simple combination of instruments and sounds that all compliment each other.

If you get the chance to crit my song in return, I'd appreciate it
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459244

Cheers,
Mike

Edit: P.s I just went on the Vibesware website.. that's the coolest thing I've ever seen!
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Last edited by This_Kidd at Jul 9, 2011,
Thanks for the comments... I wrote this in 10 minutes and so it's pretty bare bones (no added harmony stuff or anything). The background is nothing more than Band-in-a-Box... you punch in your chords, style of music, tempo, etc., and it does the rest. I tossed in some basic chords and simply improvised a short piece, but did it twice to demo the two tone possibilities of the unit. What I did is very different from how I typically would use the Resonator... as a means of sustain or adding feedback at the end of notes during soloing.
It somehow reminded me of a countertenor singing. Odd, original sounding, melancholic, and good.