Hi,

I just got my new Amp JCA50H and I COULDN´T be more happy about it. I love the clean and the metal sound I can get on distortion is just what I need. And decend sound at low volumes and kickass at high. Then I also got a 1960A Cab from Marshall to go with it (4x12) and it all just kicks ass!!!

Although, I do feel its harder to shred on it (which is not a big problem, its something I wouldn´t do in my band anyway, but I would like to be able to do it tho) and I wonder if I might need a distortion pedal and a compressor to kind of tighten the notes or sth. Because when I shred I feel like it "lacks" some of the notes, like it doesn´t get to play them.

Which is stupid, because someone like Zack Vengeance (yeah, I mention him because everybody know who he is, not because its a big idol of mine) aparetly has the 100 model and he does some shred on it and sound quiiite goood.

So, any suggestions? Or do I just have to get used to it?
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
od pedal
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
od pedal

Uh huh. Maxon 808, MXR Zakk Wylde, OCD, TubeScreamer, Bad monkey are the first to come to mind.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
^^ yeah, any number of ts-style ods will most likely do what you want. you could eff about with compressors, eqs and the like, and if you want to do that that's perfectly fine, but as a one-stop shop which'll most likely do everything you want, and without spending too much cash (even most of the cheaper od pedals are very heavily based on the tubescreamers)... yeah, that'd be the thing to try first, i'd have said. EDIT: i thought the ocd wasn't meant to work too well as a boost? i've only tried the dano clone, but assuming it's close i'd cautiously agree with that. i mean it'll work at a pinch, of course, just there are better options if a boost is the main aim.

^ yeah, practice obviously won't hurt either, but that "amp plays itself" feeling does tend to come with using an od pedal as a boost.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 9, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Practice.

LOL, you are funny! Kudos to you genious!
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Practice.

This. Seriously, more than likely you're playing sloppily. I noticed the same thing when I upgraded to a "good" amp.
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Quote by dale-banez
This. Seriously, more than likely you're playing sloppily. I noticed the same thing when I upgraded to a "good" amp.

The thing is I played sweeps and all other classic shred shit with ease and great sound on my previus gear (Pod - Line 6) and now it just seems like they don´t get through all that well.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
I say practice different amps need different playing styles to get the best out of them. Its easy to shred on a Mesa Mark or a Laney GH. Its harder on a 5150, and again harder on a Recto. Depends on the amp itself.
Quote by Tim the Rocker
The thing is I played sweeps and all other classic shred shit with ease and great sound on my previus gear (Pod - Line 6) and now it just seems like they don´t get through all that well.

Right. I've noticed that every time I play modeling stuff (also what I upgraded from), it seems to kind of mask my mistakes, but then when I play my Mesa dry, I have to try a lot harder to make soloing sound as good. But like everyone else said, an overdrive/distortion pedal with some delay will more than likely smooth everything out for you.
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Quote by dale-banez
Right. I've noticed that every time I play modeling stuff (also what I upgraded from), it seems to kind of mask my mistakes, but then when I play my Mesa dry, I have to try a lot harder to make soloing sound as good. But like everyone else said, an overdrive/distortion pedal with some delay will more than likely smooth everything out for you.

POD's have more gain than their real life counterparts, hence sound more compressed (especially the new HD series- the one I tried, I used the Fireball model. I was struggling to keep the gain under control, even with the knob at like 40%. And im a gain freak)