i play all kinda of rock and metal from AC/DC to Children of Bodom, but mainly metal (think old black tide, BFMV, CoB, A7X, ADTR, Godsmack).

i've currently got a VK 212 that i have up for sale on here just because it is too damn loud.
i also have a POD x3 live, along with a few pedals, including a MXR wylde OD to boost my new amp.
guitars are in sig.

main purpose would be room jamming or jamming with friends, possibly with a drummer.
and maybe eventually gigs, but i know that i could just mic my smaller amp.

so far i'm looking at the Blackstar Ht-5H and the JCA20H (or the JCA22H when it becomes available)

Thanks in advance for all your help!

EDIT: My budget is hopefully under $350, no more than $400
and i have no large cities near me, so EBAY it is.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
Last edited by larson8er at Jul 9, 2011,
Just because you have no large cities near you doesn't mean you can't buy from a large retailer; Musicians Friend for example, and have the amplifier shipped to you does it?? That would ensure you still get competitive prices but still purchase online...

With regards to your actual question. Go for the Jet City 22 if you are able to wait for it to be released
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Quote by barnesybaby
Just because you have no large cities near you doesn't mean you can't buy from a large retailer; Musicians Friend for example, and have the amplifier shipped to you does it?? That would ensure you still get competitive prices but still purchase online...

With regards to your actual question. Go for the Jet City 22 if you are able to wait for it to be released

Musiciansfriend is an option, but usually there's better prices to be found on ebay.

Is there an actual release date for the JCA22 yet? Even a price released on it?

i'm very much leaning toward the ht-5h and a good 2x12 cab or a couple of 1x12 cabs.

Should i look in to the jet city or any others more?
i will not be able to try any of these since the nearest GC is about three hours from me, and the only local music stores cater mainly to beginners, stocking mostly modeling amps or marshall MG's
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
I'm in the UK so I just used Musicians Friend as it was the first retailer I thought of in the states

Blackstar products are awesome so if you bought one you wouldn't be disappointed. Are you willing to buy used?
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Blackstar HT40
i'd absolutely go used. i've been scouring the local CL for a few weeks, and nothing has come up, though
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
I was just thinking you could try for a blackstar ht20. Would give you the benefits of both amps combined
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Blackstar HT40
i'd love to go for one of those, but i'm afraid it would be too loud for home use, as is my worry with the JC.
also, i don't beleive my budget would allow the ht20 and a cab
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
Blackstar ht5 all the way then I believe they have recently re-released an updated version too so it probably sounds even better now. Also means if you want one of the older ones you should be able to get one used much cheaper
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Blackstar HT40
correct, the new HT-5R has digital reverb and effects loop with level control

the old ones had the loop, also, right?
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
Yeah you still get the effects loop on the old ones. Think it came with the reverb as standard too if I remember correctly
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Blackstar HT40
oh, cool! thanks for the help!
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
Quote by barnesybaby
Yeah you still get the effects loop on the old ones. Think it came with the reverb as standard too if I remember correctly

No, the reverb is new. They also replaced the speaker in the combo (which was not well liked) with a custom design, added per-channel tone controls, and the emulated out can now be used with the speaker on.
okay, so theres nothing earth-shattering that they added.
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
Apart from reverb (apologies for my mistake earlier). Thanks jpnyc for the correction
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Blackstar HT40
The Jet City slays the Blackstar in every department. Get that and a boost and you'll be very happy.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
why do you say the jet city is so much better?
also, could it get good tones at lower volumes like the ht-5 can?
i'm afraid that 20 watts might be a little loud to get killer tones.
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
You can turn the volume down. For metal you want headroom, all the distortion comes from the preamp so that extra 15W is a good thing to have.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
what are the new features that the JCA22H is going to have?
isnt it two channels and a effects loop?
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
least expensive metal tube heads would be Krank Rev Jr. 20 watt or the Diavlo, but they exceed your budget.
I think the Diavlo sounds better with some 6l6 tubes at 28 watts. It is fixed bias for a quick change.
again, too expensive, though.

i guess ill wait for an answer to my questions^^^^
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
The JCA20 just sounds alot better to me than the HT-5. More natural sounding or something. If you can try both of them out. With an OD it'll probably take down the HT-5 as well in the gain department. I'd wait for the JCA22H though. I believe it's going to be 400 dollars for the head? or 350. I don't know, it's not much more than the 20H.
Quote by larson8er
i play all kinda of rock and metal from AC/DC to Children of Bodom, but mainly metal (think old black tide, BFMV, CoB, A7X, ADTR, Godsmack).

i've currently got a VK 212 that i have up for sale on here just because it is too damn loud.

HMMMMMM . . . a hard rock/metalhead selling an amp cuz it's too LOUD???!!!! Will wonders never cease?
Never mind the Dawg . . . Beware of Owner!!
the thing is that the jca20 heads are going for under 200 on ebay, which leaves room for a nice cab in my budget, where the jca22h would kill my budget
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc