The title says it all. Will heavy gauge strings cause problems with the machine head?
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Its very small but it still doesn't fit in.

Can anyone give me some advice how i can put my dick in?

I am very horny right now

Cheers!
Well I'm mainly talking about the lower strings.
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Cheers!
Most tuners can take up to a .60. Usualy the simpler tuners can go a little over that. Some more complex tuners like the self-cutting and locking tuners or banjo style tuners will be a bit more limited.
I don't know about damage, but some of the heavier strings won't fit into a tuning head unless it is made to be bigger. Kind of like sticking a bass string through the thing.
If you are using strings so heavy you are afraid your tuners will get damaged... What about the neck? Just sayin i think the neck would go before the tuners unless you have crapy tuners
Quote by Zeppoholic
If you are using strings so heavy you are afraid your tuners will get damaged... What about the neck? Just sayin i think the neck would go before the tuners unless you have crapy tuners

I know how to adjust the neck. I'm just not sure about the tuners.
Quote by Penis_wanker

Cheers!
the only problem you will face with your tuners is the hole might be too small. I use 13-60 in E standard and my tuners (stock bc rich) are fine.

as someone else pointed out, locking tuners tend to not be able to fit the larger 60+ strings, but a drill solves that problem fairly easily.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Will you incur damage? No. Is there a chance it might not fit? yes. Depending on how thick of strings you want, the tuner might not be able to fit it. But that would have to be a god damn thick string. My lowest string on my Alexi 600 is a .52, and I know you can fit at least up to .56 on it. So, try the strings out on the guitar. What gauge are you using?
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
I'm only using a .52 on my E, but I find it really stiff to turn the peg. Is that the effect from using heavier gauges?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
I'm only using a .52 on my E, but I find it really stiff to turn the peg. Is that the effect from using heavier gauges?

That's the effect of cheap tuners. On my MH-100, I have to put some work in to get it tuned. On my Alexi 600, it's totally fine
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

Quote by Broken-pick

the higher the ratio of your tuners, the easier it is to turn the peg. Higher end tuners generally have a higher ratio (eg. 18:1 is easier than 16:1). If you're having a really hard time, you could always get better tuners, but your current ones aren't in any danger, as far as I can tel.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Broken-pick

You might just need to spin the head around a couple dozen times. Tuners are self-lubricating, but the heavy strings rarely get more than a few turns at a time, so the lubricants never get spread around. Mine started working better when I started twirling them with a string winder before I put a new string on.
Quote by jpnyc
Mine started working better when I started twirling them with a string winder before I put a new string on..

Huh.... I think I'll try that next time I put on a new set of strings
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father