I am looking for a all tube amp but I'm on a pretty tight budget for a amp so are there any all tube amps for 200 or under?

It will only be for home practice
Last edited by Dillonski at Jul 9, 2011,
Quote by Tom 1.0
what genres....

Metal I play Avenged Sevenfold and have a Schecter Synyster
Budget: £200

genres: Metal

new or used: new

closest city: manchester

current gear: Schecter Synyster Standard
Quote by Dillonski
I am looking for a all tube amp but I'm on a pretty tight budget for a amp so are there any all tube amps for 200 or under?

It will only be for home practice

Why specifically are you wanting an all tube amplifer? With that budget, and considering it's only home practice, you may aswell buy a solid state. A good tube amp for that price, might be being a bit ambitious, I've never looked at tube amps for that money though, so I'd love to be proven wrong!
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Jul 9, 2011,
do you have any pedals?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Carl6661
Why are you wanting an all tube amplifer? With that budget, and considering it's only home practice, you could get a pretty decent solid state. A good tube amp for that price, might be being a bit ambitious.

Well could you please Recommend me a SS amp then please I have looked at many SS amps from marshall and keep getting told they are bad.
no modelling amps? Vox VT40+ would be a good shout.

and it has a t00b which is what you so eagerly desire
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
yeah i was just coming in here to say to look into those jet city deals
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dillonski
Well could you please Recommend me a SS amp then please I have looked at many SS amps from marshall and keep getting told they are bad.

They aren't ALL bad, that's just tube-snobs refusing to admit that solid-state can sound good.

I used to own a Zoom Fire-15 (It's laying around in a pile of my old gear somewhere in the house .), which was great for practicing at home. Amps like that aren't very popular on this site (The Line 6 spiders are the prime example), but for home practice, I can't really see what the issue is with such things. Infact, I'll be suprised if I don't get a complaint from someone because I even mentioned such an amplifer.

I'd never gig with the Zoom, or even record with it (Well, saying that, I used it on some demo stuff years ago, but I'd never use it for a polished, final recording), but for just 'jamming' to songs, it was great. It had a few different distortions and cleans, and aload of built in effects (I never used them, except for a tiny bit of reverb, so I can't tell you what they're like, built-in effects on amps never interested me), so I never had trouble finding a half-decent tone from it. I think it has a slightly more powerful bigger brother aswell, if that interests you.

I've heard good things about some of Peavey's stuff aswell. I can't recall any model numbers of those though, annoyingly.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
No.

Stop recommending him things, we found him a quality tube amp for £200.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
No.

Stop recommending him things, we found him a quality tube amp for £200.

I didn't see until after I'd posted. I was too busy trying to justify the mere mentioning of a modelling amp, so that I didn't get 10909840849230543 angry posts from angry rich people with stupidly expensive, top of the range amplifiers who fail to realise the guy just wants a cheapish amp for home practice.