I'd say the Epiphone faded G-400. Not really metal though.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Are you going to be looking to buy one?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Ibanez RG350 was one of my best buys for £300. Some may argue that the Edge III trem lets it down, I say poppycock.
Without knowing what exact kind of metal you mean here, I would say that the Epiphone Gothic Explorer is a nice solid guitar for under 300 that is pretty all around metal. I mean what could be more metal than a black explorer? Although the Ibanez SilverSpurs suggested is a solid choice too so long as you know what you are doing with the trem.
What kind of Metal?

Oh well... something like this:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_jeff_waters_annihilationv_eb.htm

It's a V shape in the Gibson/Epi style. It's a Jeff Waters sig (I don't know who that is) but looking at the specs it looks pretty good. There's nicer looking Vs I think but considering the price and the specs... pretty good.

I've not played it but going back to the type of Metal you're interested in a pickup swap may be necessary.
Ibanez RGA32
Good neck, decent shape, active pickups and it's hardtail, so you can easily alter tunings
I have a Tony Iommi Epi SG for £400, you could probably get it used for around £300 - I love it, it's great for the price.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jul 10, 2011,
Ibanez RG2EX1 that is what I started with and it sounds pretty good. Then when I got more cash I bought myself a Ibanez RGA-42FM.
ROCK'N 6 STRINGS GRINDING PICKS INTO POWDER