Hello everyone. I've been having questions on how to change the tuning on my Floyd Rose equipped guitar (Washburn N2 http://www.washburn.com/electrics/nuno/n-2.html) without too much hassle/risking messing up

Another user mentioned the Tremol-No on another thread, and I've checked it out and it seems to be just what I need

I do have a question about it for those of you who know/have this:

If I install this on my guitar and set it to Hardtail mode (for reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZnipHc1ec), will I be able to change tunings on it just like I would a normal hardtail (i.e. turn the pegs and be done with it), or would I have to reinstall the Tremol-No every time I want to change the tuning?

Thanks!
Blocking it is easier and much cheaper, the only benefit of a Tremol-no is the dive-only feature.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Well, either way, simply blocking it or using a tremol-no, will I be able to tune it like I would a hardtail or will I have to take the care needed with floyd-roses, i.e. "cross-tuning" and such?
Yes.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
You should install a EVH D-tuna on every saddle then you have the ability to drop tune 1 or all strings!!!!

On a more serious note, Yes you can tune like a hard tail, but the nut is locking.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
You should install a EVH D-tuna on every saddle then you have the ability to drop tune 1 or all strings!!!!

On a more serious note, Yes you can tune like a hard tail, but the nut is locking.

I'm not sure I understand your comment on the nut. Yes it's locking, but can't I just unlock it at the nut, tune using the headstock pegs (or the fine-tuners, they should still work fine right?) and then lock again? Maybe I could just even leave it unlocked at the nut.
Would any of this be a problem?

Thanks!
yes that will work fine, I was just having fun.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Haha okay. I guess I'm just too much a newb too keep up with you guys =P

Can I annoy you guys just one last time?

http://www.tremol-no.com/workswith.asp

The model I should look for is the one that says Floyd Rose® Licensed tremolo systems (Jackson®, ESP®, etc.) right?

Thanks!
Quote by Rainmaker31
Well, either way, simply blocking it or using a tremol-no, will I be able to tune it like I would a hardtail or will I have to take the care needed with floyd-roses, i.e. "cross-tuning" and such?

Yes. The Tremol-no does what it claims to do and does it well. I used one on a Highway One Strat and it offers a lot of stability. It also blocks it like a hartail with a twist of the thumb wheel screw. If you're going to fiddle with it a lot while playing (use a lot of different tunings, etc.) then you'll have to leave the plastic cover off of the back of your guitar in order to get to the adjustment thumb wheel screw, but it works. It had ought to be a bit less expensive, though.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley