Hiya, Im plannning for there future and Im convinced my next amp is going to be a 6505 or 6505+ (or its older models just depends on what kinda deals i can find), Ive done some research just on teh amp its capabilities common setups and I came across a thread on website about ajusting the bias on the amp to allow the tubes to run "hot." most of this is greek to me. But i get the gist of it, I have buddy whose worked on amps here and there and he said be happy to do it. I trust him Ive see his repair jobs and un**** up **** ups.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/69427-6505-bias-mod.html
This is the article in mind by the way.....

Im not entirely sure what sound Im going for but from what I see this mod is pretty much beneficial to the amp (and inexpensive )

But I was wondering what difference (in tone, performance, etc.) will the bias mod have on the 6505+/5150 II vs the 6505/5150
Im aware the 6505+ has much more useable clean tone, Im sorta on the fence about which one to get, I seem to see more + or 2 models than i do standards, they seem to be preferred and based on what I read I kinda get why (better rythm channel, tighter better for lead)

If anyone can recommend other inexpensive mods to this amp feel free to let me know!
My Gear
Ibanez RG3EX1 with EMG 81/85s, (EB Beefy Slinky Strings)
Alpine White Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Ibanez TS808 Reissue
Boss CS3
Russian Big Muff Pi
TC ELectronics Flashback Delay
bump
My Gear
Ibanez RG3EX1 with EMG 81/85s, (EB Beefy Slinky Strings)
Alpine White Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Ibanez TS808 Reissue
Boss CS3
Russian Big Muff Pi
TC ELectronics Flashback Delay