Page 1 of 7
So Pit, today I bought my first pack of cigarettes. I've bummed a couple off of friends before, just to try it out. I guess today I'm "officially" a smoker. I'm in Mexico, so I just got me some area-only Marlboro Black Freeze menthols. I can't say I'm a connoisseur, but I've enjoyed them so far. I'm 19, by the way.

So how old were you when you started? First pack/brand? Do you stick to a specific brand or style?

Also, let's get this out of the way: I KNOW IT'S BAD FOR ME. So is drinking, smoking weed, eating too much fast food, drinking too much soda, yada yada. Preach somewhere else.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
I was 13. And started with Marlboro lights because they were what my dad smoked. I would buy Parliaments every now and again but tend to smoke Camel Lights.

All I have to say is: A lot of women will not date smokers. You're cutting yourself off from a lot of women. And the virgins of the pit don't need to cut even more women out of their potential.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Jul 9, 2011,
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
I used to buy Belmonts, but they're expensive. Moved over to John Players, but quit smoking a few weeks after.

I never grew a habit for smoking, but I'll bum a cig every once in a while.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
I was about 12 or 13 when I took it up. I smoke John Player's Blue (canadian). Yes smoking is bad for you, I'm literate, I'm an adult, **** off.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
I like the occasional cigarette or cigar, but I'm not a "smoker" by any means.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by The_Sophist
I was about 12 or 13 when I took it up. I smoke John Player's Blue (canadian). Yes smoking is bad for you, I'm literate, I'm an adult, **** off.

You sound like one with that potty mouth. Sounds like smoking makes you testy...

You know it's bad for you, right?
Black freeze?!? That sounds nuts. The only Marbs I'll ever actually buy are 72 menthols. I just roll my own by hand, and the first one I ever had was a machine rollie, so I never got in the habit of spending money. Just rolling

EDIT: I think there's a smoking thread around here somewhere but I dont really know... I just started for shits and giggles, and I think I was in 8th grade maybe?
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Jul 9, 2011,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I was 13. And started with Marlboro lights because they were what my dad smoked. I would buy Parliaments every now and again but tend to smoke Camel Lights.

All I have to say is: A lot of women will not date smokers. You're cutting yourself off from a lot of women. And the virgins of the pit don't need to cut even more women out of their potential.

Yeah, I realize that. A lot of my female friends abhor smoking. But I've reached a point where I just don't give a flying ****-and-a-half about anything. (And I don't mean that in a good way.)

Some of you guys were pretty young? Was it like a peer pressure thing? Or did it just look cool? I'm not shitting on you guys or anything. I just remember thinking it was pretty disgusting when I was that age.

@bastards: Honestly, I was just looking for anything that was menthol. But the name made them sound cool. Like I said, this is the first time I've ever bought any, so I can't compare them to anything else. But they were definitely more minty than I expected.
Last edited by carlos_almighty at Jul 9, 2011,
I was 10 years old for my first. It was a Number 7 Red.
At 13 I fully started, smoking JPS (john players special) and Number 7's.
Now at 25, I smoke only Players Rich regulars. Theyre between 12 and 14$ a pack (25 smokes).
Bloody expensive, but they taste good for smokes.
American style cigs (marlboro, camels...) taste like cigars mixed with cigs to me.
Canadian smokes are much smoother.

(dont ban me for this opinionated bit) but menthols are for homosexuals and women. Unless you have a cold. Same with 100's or slims.

Dont start if you still have the option, you will regret it. Marijuana is much safer. (but goes well with a smoke after!)
Quote by DimebagZappa
I was 10 years old for my first. It was a Number 7 Red.
At 13 I fully started, smoking JPS (john players special) and Number 7's.
Now at 25, I smoke only Players Rich regulars. Theyre between 12 and 14$ a pack (25 smokes).
Bloody expensive, but they taste good for smokes.
American style cigs (marlboro, camels...) taste like cigars mixed with cigs to me.
Canadian smokes are much smoother.

(dont ban me for this opinionated bit) but menthols are for homosexuals and women. Unless you have a cold. Same with 100's or slims.

Dont start if you still have the option, you will regret it. Marijuana is much safer. (but goes well with a smoke after!)

Whatever strokes your goat, man.
The few times that I'd smoked, I enjoyed it while I was smoking it. But the aftertaste was pretty horrible. That's why I tried the menthols. Also, I don't want to start a debate about tobacco vs. marijuana, but here's an article that talks about the dangers of smoking weed: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2419713.stm
Quote by Jack Off Jill

This.

I'm not a preachy person, and I have friends who smoke, but I will say this. It completely baffles me that anyone could pick up smoking in this day and age when we know so much about the risks and consequences. Do what you want. I just don't understand why you'd want to do that to yourself.

EDIT: Also, be prepared to have no money.

EDITx2:
Quote by DimebagZappa
menthols are for homosexuals and women.

Prepare for an ass-whoopin'.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Jul 9, 2011,
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
This.

I'm not a preachy person, and I have friends who smoke, but I will say this. It completely baffles me that anyone could pick up smoking in this day and age when we know so much about the risks and consequences. Do what you want. I just don't understand why you'd want to do that to yourself.

I'm not gonna lie... it baffles me a bit, too. Over the last couple of months, I've just felt like taking up smoking. I don't know if the subliminal messaging that smoking is "cool" sunk in, or maybe I'm just attracted to the self-destructiveness of smoking. I will say, though: I've been around it all my life. My aunts, uncles, my older cousin (whom I look up to when we were younger) and my dad all smoke.
Quote by carlos_almighty
I'm not gonna lie... it baffles me a bit, too. Over the last couple of months, I've just felt like taking up smoking. I don't know if the subliminal messaging that smoking is "cool" sunk in, or maybe I'm just attracted to the self-destructiveness of smoking. I will say, though: I've been around it all my life. My aunts, uncles, my older cousin (whom I look up to when we were younger) and my dad all smoke.

Oh well dude, whatever you want to do. As someone who has seen a lot of cancer in his family, I'd say reconsider. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, I'm just saying. At the end of the day, do what you want man, don't let anyone make you feel bad about it.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
Oh well dude, whatever you want to do. As someone who has seen a lot of cancer in his family, I'd say reconsider. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, I'm just saying. At the end of the day, do what you want man, don't let anyone make you feel bad about it.

It's cool bro.
I've got no problem with people sharing their opinions (as long as it's appropriate), but I just don't like it when they try and shove 'em down my throat like I'm some sort of cheap prostitute. I dunno, though. Maybe I'm just going through a self-destructive emo phase, and It'll go away and I'll quit.
Coffer nails
Cancer sticks
Fags
Death tubes
Poison darts

Other names I can't think of. Cigs are bad for you, yet you still do it cause you still think it makes you look cool, when it only makes you smell bad, turn your teeth yellow, destroy your health and make you feel like crap, and give you cancer.

I don't smoke cigs cause I'm smart.

Smoke Cigars instead, way more classy.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Bunch of shit.

Grow up troll.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Closest I've gotten to smoking is dad's and grandpa's second-hand smoke.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
started smoking du marier lites then du marier regs cause I figured I was just wasting money smoking lites as I can smoke one reg and feel like I smoked two lites.

Last couple packs have been pall malls though cause I'm outta money.

I only smoke like a pack a week max though, so I don't consider myself a smoker. I sometimes only smoke a pack every 2 months.

I dont get how people smoke 4 packs a day
sigh...
Quote by ethan_hanus
Coffer nails
Cancer sticks
Fags
Death tubes
Poison darts

Other names I can't think of. Cigs are bad for you, yet you still do it cause you still think it makes you look cool, when it only makes you smell bad, turn your teeth yellow, destroy your health and make you feel like crap, and give you cancer.

I don't smoke cigs cause I'm smart.

Smoke Cigars instead, way more classy.

Goddamn it. This is why people think lowly of Texans.
My uncle died of lung cancer a couple years back. He was diagnosed, and then a month later he was dead in his hospital room. He ran every day, was in otherwise great shape, but he smoked like a freight train.

I was always kind of in denial about it until it sunk in that his smoking habit effectively killed him. It just kind of hit me how real it was.
Last edited by CaptDin at Jul 9, 2011,
Quote by carlos_almighty
Goddamn it. This is why people think lowly of Texans.

That and Ron Paul.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I started smoking cigarettes just to see how difficult it was to actually stop smoking them.

believe me buddy, its much more difficult than you think, its wise to quit before you start, if that even makes any sense....if you EVER plan on quitting then just stop now.

Back then, i thought my will was much more powerful. Then cigarettes really just put me in my place, it took me about 6 years of thinking of quitting to go through with it. it's a painful process especially when your friends smoke too. you may enjoy them now but you wont eventually, and you will be full of regret!!!
Quote by angryandrew
I started smoking cigarettes just to see how difficult it was to actually stop smoking them.

believe me buddy, its much more difficult than you think, its wise to quit before you start, if that even makes any sense....if you EVER plan on quitting then just stop now.

Back then, i thought my will was much more powerful. Then cigarettes really just put me in my place, it took me about 6 years of thinking of quitting to go through with it. it's a painful process especially when your friends smoke too. you may enjoy them now but you wont eventually, and you will be full of regret!!!

:|
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I understand that some of you have more experience than I do on the subject of cigarettes... but that's NOT what I wanted to discuss. I made it perfectly clear that I understand that these things are bad for me. The tar, rat poison, nicotine, what the **** ever. I choose to ignore that the way I ignore that booze is bad for me. Call me stupid if you'd like, it makes no difference to me what some stranger behind a computer screen thinks of me. I was simply wanting to know how other people started.
I've yet to smoke a cigarette...

Smoked a lot of weed, but no cigarettes.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by DimebagZappa

(dont ban me for this opinionated bit) but menthols are for homosexuals and women. Unless you have a cold.

Wrong. They are for black people. Black dudes love their newports That's why my friends and I know menthols as niggerettes.

Quote by Skynyrd890
I've yet to smoke a cigarette...

Smoked a lot of weed, but no cigarettes.

Weed is better.

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Wrong. They are for black people. Black dudes love their newports That's why my friends and I know menthols as niggerettes.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm adding that word to my lexicon!
Quote by CaptDin
My uncle died of lung cancer a couple years back. He was diagnosed, and then a month later he was dead in his hospital room. He ran every day, was in otherwise great shape, but he smoked like a freight train.

I was always kind of in denial about it until it sunk in that his smoking habit effectively killed him. It just kind of hit me how real it was.

I had an uncle that died not long ago, he smoked 4 packs a day, was an alcoholic and a womanizer.

He died of natural causes and the old age of 92.

I had another uncle who didn't drink, didn't smoke, lived an active and healthy lifestyle.

Died of lung cancer at 56.

My point is you can't say " so and so I know died of this so it's bad."

yea we know that smoking increases the risk of cancer and other diseases, but it doesnt mean your going to get them.
sigh...
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Weed is better.

I still prefer alcohol over any drug, but weed is an excellent time killer.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by N_J_B_B
:|

Dont judge me!!!

Quote by carlos_almighty
I understand that some of you have more experience than I do on the subject of cigarettes... but that's NOT what I wanted to discuss. I made it perfectly clear that I understand that these things are bad for me. The tar, rat poison, nicotine, what the **** ever. I choose to ignore that the way I ignore that booze is bad for me. Call me stupid if you'd like, it makes no difference to me what some stranger behind a computer screen thinks of me. I was simply wanting to know how other people started.

i hope you dont take what i said the wrong way, im more for free will than anything so what ever floats your boat brother

Hell if you're all for it, i may suggest rolling your own cigarettes, youll save a shitload of money. Literally the exact same quality, Some stores have very fancy rolling machines for cigarettes - corporate quality and all that.
I don't really smoke that much, I've never bought a pack and I just bum cigs off my friends when they go for one. First cig was a Camel crush I think... I can't remember. Anyway I think I bum Camel Menthols or Crushes most of the time.
Last edited by Somekid94 at Jul 10, 2011,