i already had the guitars doubletracked. i guess my playing is that tight. :-P i had each guitar panned about 30% left and right with different tones on each. what could i do to differentiate the tracks a little more? panning hard left and right seems a bit extreme....
I'd be happy to give it a shot. I just don't know what kind of lyrical style you are going for. Do have lyrics already?
Originally Posted by Footallica?
While I cannot answer your question, I think your pun was quite masterfully applied.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
my only restriction is nothing "bieber-esque". they can be dark and moody, about a serious topic, whatever. the music itself is a little moody, so moody lyrics would work best id say. screams/growls/clean vocals, its all good.
westley23j,
I only thought about 1/2 of the rhythm guitar was double-tracked (and I listened on headphones!). I usually fully pan the 2 guitar tracks, sometimes a bit less.
I really enjoyed the song. Reminded me a bit of Defeater. I'll see what I can do with some vocals once I have my mic set up.
Quote by aaron aardvark
westley23j,
I only thought about 1/2 of the rhythm guitar was double-tracked (and I listened on headphones!). I usually fully pan the 2 guitar tracks, sometimes a bit less.

i guess i AM that good! haha! ill try panning them hard left/right and see how i can make it sound. thanks. any advice on the tones for each track and how to differentiate them?
Quote by Odirunn
I really enjoyed the song. Reminded me a bit of Defeater. I'll see what I can do with some vocals once I have my mic set up.

when do you think you may be able to do some vocals?
Quote by westley23j
when do you think you may be able to do some vocals?

Probably tomorrow night.

Is there a download link?
Last edited by Odirunn at Jul 11, 2011,