What if scientist found out an asteroid was about to destroy the earth?

Poll: Would you want everyone to know the world was about to end?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you want everyone to know the world was about to end?
Yes, everyone should be allowed to know their fate
103 68%
No, it's better to keep it secret.
48 32%
Voters: 151.
Page 1 of 2
What if scientist found out that a year from now an asteroid was going to completely destroy the earth, and that there was no way to stop and we are all doomed. Would you rather they told the whole world that they only had a year to live or just keep it secret and have everyone die unaware.
Last edited by WaterGod at Jul 9, 2011,
Tell the world.

Set up End Of The World tour

Invite every band in the world

Invite nickelback to play the second the thing hits. (Keep secret from nickelback and fans)
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Secret probably. I'd totally panic till it hit.
There would be a massive increase in crimes like theft, rape, murder etc. so it would probably be for the best if people were kept in the dark till it was here.

Quote by bastards
Tell the world.

Invite nickelback to play the second the thing hits. (Keep secret from nickelback and fans)

You'd be able to see the astroid days before it hit with the naked eye, let alone months before to the thousands that look into the night sky with telescopes.

It would be the only instance in humankind where all the nations are united.

OT: We'd get Goku to Kamehame-ha it out of the way.
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
The username. Who wants to be known as the poop kid? That's like the kid that poops in the urinal at school and everybody finds out about it.

Quote by Metallicaxp
This, this right here is the correct option.
Quote by bastards
Tell the world.

I like this.

But, we should have it in a giant stadium, and then we should arrange a giant hotbox within the stadium. We record the concert and send it into space via rocket. Then aliens will find it and make sitcoms on how retarded humans are.
I personally would prefer to know, but letting the masses know would result in all kinds of hell breaking loose, and I don't want that. I would like to spend my last days in peace.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by thepoopkid3
You'd be able to see the astroid days before it hit with the naked eye, let alone months before to the thousands that look into the night sky with telescopes.

It would be the only instance in humankind where all the nations are united.

OT: We'd get Goku to Kamehame-ha it out of the way.

This, this right here is the correct option.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
Secret. The world would be complete insanity and anarchy. We would probably kill off most of the earth before the asteroid did.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
I'd let the world know, just for that one guy who's taking shit from his boss while he sits in his small cubicle hating his life, or the kid who's working graveyard at McDonald's.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Celebrate, It's about time you all die.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Tell everyone. I would have much better chances with the ladies because of the "eh, why not, the world is ending" effect. It's science.

Keep it secret.

Letting people know the world is ending results in mass hysteria and pandemonium.

/thread
I would want everybody to know.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Try much much harder to get laid. As many times as possible before my certain doom.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by ethan_hanus
Scientists have been wrong...just sayen.

It's a hypothetical question.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
You make it sound like we'd be powerless. What about that one movie where a team of astronauts lands on an asteroid and sets off a nuke? Go all Bruce Willis on that thing. I think it'd actually be possible.
Every poster on here is a 6-foot Catholic schoolgirl with an 8-inch penis and riches beyond my wildest dreams.
Keep it a secret.

I personally think that an astroid apocalypse is just about the WORST way to die, dying in a zombie apocalypse is much more honorable and entertaining.
who says there isn't one headed are way right now
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
I'm willing to bet a solution to either change the course of the asteroid or destroy it could be figured out before we got hit.

so tell us i guess?
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Mack56
Nothing we can do?

My friends Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck and Steve Buscemi disagree.

Ma girl Liv knows what's up.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by wahappen
Ma girl Liv knows what's up.

I'M LEAVING ON A JET PLANE, I DON'T KNOW WHEN I'LL BE BACK AGAIN
Quote by bastards
Tell the world.

this was funny haha
Classical Guitarist
Quote by WaterGod
What if scientist found out that a year from now an asteroid was going to completely destroy the earth, and that there was no way to stop and we are all doomed. Would you rather they told the whole world that they only had a year to live or just keep it secret and have everyone die unaware.

Quote by WaterGod
What if scientist found out that a year from now an asteroid was going to completely destroy the earth

Quote by WaterGod
What if scientist found out

Quote by WaterGod
What if scientist

o_0
They should tell us so I can pull out my ocarina, and save all your asses with the song of time.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I'd probably not know until the thing blew me to shit...
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
They should tell us so I can pull out my ocarina, and save all your asses with the song of time.

Dawn of The First Day.

Song of Halftime.

Beat Majora.

Save world.

OT: I dunno I would kinda want to know. But then again, crime would go up surely.
However if you didn't know until like moment before it hit. you'd be like "Well, I sure lived my life well " If you really didnt do anything significant in your life its like... too bad.
Apparently this is a signature

Yessir it is
Last edited by Conbryvas at Jul 10, 2011,
People are so concerned with these 'end of the world' scenarios, but it really doesn't matter at all. If you fall down the stairs and bonk your head on the end table, that's the end of your world.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Gibson06
People are so concerned with these 'end of the world' scenarios, but it really doesn't matter at all. If you fall down the stairs and bonk your head on the end table, that's the end of your world.

Actually this. Good point.
Apparently this is a signature

Yessir it is
id rather not know, so i can live my life like i usually would. if i knew, id make a mad dash to marry my ex just so i can say i got married to the biggest bitch in the world before it ended.
Quote by KTFM
Dammit, Snorlax! This is why we can't have nice things!!

Quote by Xiaoxi
AWWWWWWWWW FUCK NAW!!!!!!!

ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 2