Hey everyone, just picked up this beauty a couple days ago. This is technically my second PRS. But the first PRS I picked up about three years ago, got stolen with my car the day I got it. I never even got to plug it into the amp . But shit happens. So of course GAS settled in and I got this guy. Gave up my Explorer for it, but it's worth it. Not really a fan of tremonti, but I respect his playing. I just like his guitar really. Quilt top singlecut at a much fairer price in respect to the other singlecuts.

Review:

Action, Feel: Came from the factory set up pretty good. Not the best or anything, but that's expected. After a few adjustments it feels incredible no doubt. Plays like butter. Getting used to the 25" scale length. The PRS tremolo is pretty damn good. I normally prefer fixed bridges, but this tremolo is more than satisfactory. FR might be a bit better for some, but this is still good.

Finish: I think this is where the guitar shines.Quilted 10 top finished with their new V12. Feels durable and smooth. I especially like the darker blue edges. Looks like the beaches of Hawaii. Didn't know the headstock wings were glued on separately, but I suppose it saves money.

Sound: Sound is very good. Even unplugged this guitar is very resonant. It might have something to do with the new V12. But every PRS is incredibly resonant so no surprises there. The pickups are good. A bit hotter than the standard PRS pickup it seems. In a few months here I'll probably swap them for some Nailbombs.

I think it will be a good pair with its V FR buddy
Last edited by absolutorigin at Jul 10, 2011,

That thing is gorgeous. Super jealous. Didn't know they made Tremonti's in that finish. Thats just awesome

HNGD!!!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
OMFG BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! That is all
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
that's a sick top on that guitar.

congrats HNGD!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
HNGD! Thats a sexy guitar. Is that a limited Tremonti run? Because I thought he had a black sig, and a transparent grey sig??
That is without a shadow of a doubt one of the most impressive looking blue burst tops that I have ever had the pleasure of seeing my good sir! HNGD! If that sounds half as good as it looks you may just be set for life.
Id be pissed if someone stole my car... but to mention that my car contained my brand new PRS that I hadnt even plugged in yet.... I probably woulda broke down and lost it right there hahaha

Anyways, shes beautiful. Enjoy her HNGD!!
HNGD wow just wow

That is one of the prettiest guitars I've ever seen.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Wow man, that is a sweet guitar. HNGD.
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]
you had your car and new guitar stolen? dude that must've been a hard day.
HNGD!
bump for sheer awesomeness.

HNGD AGAIN!!!

Believe me, I want to go 69 with that guitar.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
I don't like the finish at all. I've never been a fan of PRS tops and finishes. But HNGD all the same!
Quote by nickdohle
HNGD! Thats a sexy guitar. Is that a limited Tremonti run? Because I thought he had a black sig, and a transparent grey sig??

I believe this finish was just released this year. The tremonti can come in quite a few different colors. I believe theres about 9 standard colors, but dealers can always order special colors. the transparent gray, which I believe is charcoal burst is probably the most common one i see though.

Quote by Truckinbilly824
Id be pissed if someone stole my car... but to mention that my car contained my brand new PRS that I hadnt even plugged in yet.... I probably woulda broke down and lost it right there hahaha

I managed to keep it together that night, but I went a little apeshit the next few days.\

Quote by wolvenrick
you had your car and new guitar stolen? dude that must've been a hard day. HNGD!

That day went from sheer excitement, to bitter disappointment within a matter of seconds. Not my finest hour, but that's life. It has its ups and downs.
thanks for the responses everyone! Its a joy to play. So far it has replaced my jackson as my #1. But I'm sure that's also because it's newer . The jackson might still be more of a looker though. It's not for everyone, but I'm a fan of blue quilt tops. So it works for me. Some more pics, but lighting is bad so they're kind of crap.

Now it looks like three different colors... haha
that's the nicest looking tremonti i've ever seen.
Quote by gregs1020
that's the nicest looking tremonti i've ever seen.

Thanks man. When I saw it at the guitar shop, I just started GASing like mad. Don't think you can blame me though
no i can't.

prs gas got me 4 times so far. still have 2 and can't see letting them go.

that right there, is a hella nice finish on one really nice piece of quilt.

and i completely agree on the quilt and blue, i have a whale blue killer quilt cu24.
Beautiful finish. have fun playing it and don't scratch it! haha
PSN - Boosted928
Since someone stole your first one can we keep the tradition going and let me still this one? That's a real beauty you've got there you lucky man, treat her well!
epic colour there
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by JakePlaysGuitar
Since someone stole your first one can we keep the tradition going and let me still this one? That's a real beauty you've got there you lucky man, treat her well!

sounds like a good tradition, but I'll pass I'd like to keep this one. Already in my possession longer than my first one though .