When you guy's were an still are learning song's, what was the lowest bpm you had to start at on a song? I am learning The Bleeding by 5FDP, an I tried at 40bpm an it was to fast, so now I'm down to 25bpm an it's just so slow.
To be honest I don't use a Metronome, I just read the tabs and play along to the song to get a feel for it, and play little parts until I get them right and keep going on.
Lol I didn't mean 25bpm is to slow it's just slow. I guess practice make's perfect though. I think 25bpm is the lowest I have had to start on though, just cause of the way they play the song. Like every other note/chord is palm muted.
Quote by The Vickshow
To be honest I don't use a Metronome, I just read the tabs and play along to the song to get a feel for it, and play little parts until I get them right and keep going on.

This. Then I keep practicing till I can play to speed with the song. Then I play along.
I try to do that, but it's not clean enough sometime's. I guess it depend's on the song, but for The Bleeding I won't be able to.
If 40 bpm is too fast, then play 25 bpm untily you can play it perfectly 5 times. Then go to 30 bpm perfectly 5 times, then so on. The key is to make it perfect, no unwanted notes/strings buzzing and perfectly in time. It takes time but eventually you will get the hang of the riff and be able to speed it up.