They feel different and last longer.
Feel is subjective, but they will last longer than smaller frets of the same metal composition.
Higher frets keep the string from rubbing against the fretboard and facilitate easy bending, similar to a scalloped fretboard. This is especially useful when using heavy string gauges (.013+) that can really dig into the fretboard, which is why jumbo and extra jumbo frets are popular on guitars made for playing downtuned metal.
Quote by Ironic Maiden
It makes it easier to stick your dick in between the frets, obviously.

I loll'd
Quote by Ironic Maiden
It makes it easier to stick your dick in between the frets, obviously.

This.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
I find the strings easier to fret and easier to bend when using jumbo frets, so there's that. The downside is that jumbos make it easy to fret sharp, and slides can be quite cumbersome with tall/narrow frets, like 6105s.
its a little bit like decreasing the action, you dont have to press as hard to fret the string. i guess its mostly just a preference thing
So... jumbo/x-jumbo frets just means that the actual metal strips are higher off the fretboard?
Quote by Akula KO
So... jumbo/x-jumbo frets just means that the actual metal strips are higher off the fretboard?

Yes.
^+1

Quote by Seref
I find the strings easier to fret and easier to bend when using jumbo frets, so there's that. The downside is that jumbos make it easy to fret sharp, and slides can be quite cumbersome with tall/narrow frets, like 6105s.

What I was going to say.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Jumbo frets are not only higher, but wider, too. You can also get tall skinny frets and short wide frets. You should have different guitars with all types of frets.

With jumbos, its easier to get your fingers in the right place because you can feel what you're doing. The disadvantage is that if you press hard you get a sharp note. With tiny frets you can press the string right down to the fretboard without sharpening the note, but its easier to have a finger slip over the fret and get a completely different note. If you habitually press hard, its more difficult to play fast, so jumbo frets or scallops help you learn to play with a light hand, while tiny frets help you learn to play more accurately.

I dont think the small frets make bending any harder. I do have a bit of trouble bending on a neck with more radius.
By jumbo, do you mean "extra wide"? If so, then the advantage is that it is easier to reach wider frets with short fingers than it is to reach narrow frets. That is the main advantage.

I have short, stubby fingers and jumbo frets help me to reach those frets that are hard to reach.

ron666