Yea this thing seems like the real deal. Better modeling than the vypyr, maybe not quite axe fx but its pretty accurate, you can mix/match pre and power amps which is really cool. Do i smell master of puppets
Guitars
Amps
Yeah, I got mine Thursday, sounds great! Was surprised to find that I like it much better than POD Farm, it sounds so much more realistic
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Matt15f
for 70 bucks it was highway robbery!

Definitely.

The ability to load your own impulses in is a HUGE plus too. If you're using the stock impulses, try loading in some Catharsis ones in there, you'll be MUCH more happy

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4018922/Tone%20Tests/Rose%20of%20Sharyn%20-%20ReValver.mp3

Greener > Stock 6505 model (including the cleans) > Catharsis s-preshigh
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 9, 2011,
I've heard of revolver but never used it. Is it any better/worse than Amplitube? I've been using it for years now
Quote by vjferrara
I've heard of revolver but never used it. Is it any better/worse than Amplitube? I've been using it for years now

I've used Amplitube many times before and I've never liked a single sound that I got out of it

ReValver is the most realistic modeler I've heard (which might just include the Axe-FX...)
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Definitely.

The ability to load your own impulses in is a HUGE plus too. If you're using the stock impulses, try loading in some Catharsis ones in there, you'll be MUCH more happy

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4018922/Tone%20Tests/Rose%20of%20Sharyn%20-%20ReValver.mp3

Greener > Stock 6505 model (including the cleans) > Catharsis s-preshigh

I don't have experience with the catharsis ones but i will take a look. I own a copy of the redwirez package that was released way back when so i may try some of those.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Matt15f
I don't have experience with the catharsis ones but i will take a look. I own a copy of the redwirez package that was released way back when so i may try some of those.

Cool, I have some Redwirez ones, but I was never very impressed with them, unfortunately
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
How does Revalver actually work? I know very little about it. Its a computer software program correct? Where do you go from there? Do you need any interfaces or anything?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
How does Revalver actually work? I know very little about it. Its a computer software program correct? Where do you go from there? Do you need any interfaces or anything?

Of course you need an interface, it's a computer recording/practice tool, how else are you going to use it...?

It can be run standalone or as a plugin in your recording software using VST, AU or RTAS. You plug your guitar directly into your interface (or through a DI box, then into the interface, however you prefer), load up ReValver, and go at it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Of course you need an interface, it's a computer recording/practice tool, how else are you going to use it...?

It can be run standalone or as a plugin in your recording software using VST, AU or RTAS. You plug your guitar directly into your interface (or through a DI box, then into the interface, however you prefer), load up ReValver, and go at it.

I have no idea how to work one...thats why

Thanks!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by vjferrara

Revalver sounds much better than most Amplitube models. The modeling is very sensitive to touch and volume. More importantly, the Revalver models are models of entire amps and not just popular channels of amps. So the Rectifier model covers all of the channels on the Rectifier, not just the modern channel. And because Revalver models circuits the entire circuit can be customized. You can build entire virtual amps in Revalver!

But Revalver has some big downsides. First, the interface sucks. Finding your way through the cabinet, speaker, and microphone sims is not easy if you can't figure out what hardware all the file names refer to. Some of the complicated amps have really weird layouts to make them fit on screen. Everything appears in a virtual rack, including pedals, which can be really confusing. The rack units are all based on high-end studio gear that can confuse people who don't already know how to use high-end studio gear. The documentation stinks and Peavey's support people can be downright hostile. For some reason Peavey actually made the speaker/cab/mic interface worse in version 3.5.

Worst of all, Revalver is packed with too many Peavey models. I can understand having the JSX, XXX, and 6505+. But why also have the 6505? And why model the Valve King and Classic 30? 3.5 includes models of some of Peavey's high-end boutique amps that most players have never heard of, and they don't even work right. The high-gain models also emulate all the noise that comes with real amps, even moreso than Amplitube. So your collection of virtual Peavey amps has the same noisy drawback as the real ones.

I heard a rumor that the next series of Vypyrs were to use ReValver. Anyone confirm?

Peavey has never said anything about that. It's just internet speculation.
Quote by jpnyc
Worst of all, Revalver is packed with too many Peavey models. I can understand having the JSX, XXX, and 6505+. But why also have the 6505? And why model the Valve King and Classic 30? 3.5 includes models of some of Peavey's high-end boutique amps that most players have never heard of, and they don't even work right. The high-gain models also emulate all the noise that comes with real amps, even moreso than Amplitube.

The 6505 and 6505+ are two different amps, that's why. One is smoother and one is tighter and more aggressive. Depending on what you want, most people prefer one over the other.

The Classic 30 is there because it's one of Peaveys few low gIn models, and can get a similar tone to a Vox AC-30. Not really sure why the VK is there, it's an entry-level amp that not many would choose to use, but I have actually heard some really nice tones out of the model.

Revalver isn't noisy at all for me, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about there...
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by jpnyc
Revalver sounds much better than most Amplitube models. The modeling is very sensitive to touch and volume. More importantly, the Revalver models are models of entire amps and not just popular channels of amps. So the Rectifier model covers all of the channels on the Rectifier, not just the modern channel. And because Revalver models circuits the entire circuit can be customized. You can build entire virtual amps in Revalver!

But Revalver has some big downsides. First, the interface sucks. Finding your way through the cabinet, speaker, and microphone sims is not easy if you can't figure out what hardware all the file names refer to. Some of the complicated amps have really weird layouts to make them fit on screen. Everything appears in a virtual rack, including pedals, which can be really confusing. The rack units are all based on high-end studio gear that can confuse people who don't already know how to use high-end studio gear. The documentation stinks and Peavey's support people can be downright hostile. For some reason Peavey actually made the speaker/cab/mic interface worse in version 3.5.

Worst of all, Revalver is packed with too many Peavey models. I can understand having the JSX, XXX, and 6505+. But why also have the 6505? And why model the Valve King and Classic 30? 3.5 includes models of some of Peavey's high-end boutique amps that most players have never heard of, and they don't even work right. The high-gain models also emulate all the noise that comes with real amps, even moreso than Amplitube. So your collection of virtual Peavey amps has the same noisy drawback as the real ones.

I heard a rumor that the next series of Vypyrs were to use ReValver. Anyone confirm?

Peavey has never said anything about that. It's just internet speculation.

Many people complain about amp sims not feeling real enough, for me, the humming noise and feedback when you let go of yuor strings is what brings revalver so close to the real deal. There's nothing like switching on a high gain tube amplifier and hearing the hum kick in and having good feedback.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by MatrixClaw

The Classic 30 is there because it's one of Peaveys few low gIn models, and can get a similar tone to a Vox AC-30. Not really sure why the VK is there, it's an entry-level amp that not many would choose to use, but I have actually heard some really nice tones out of the model.

Revalver isn't noisy at all for me, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about there...

I don't think ReValver's Valveking model sounds anything like my VK, actually, but then again, I've changed the speaker, the OT, the tubes, and thrown an EQ on top of it...

Also find it hard to get a good dirty tone out of the Revalver VK but maybe I need to play with it more.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I don't think ReValver's Valveking model sounds anything like my VK, actually, but then again, I've changed the speaker, the OT, the tubes, and thrown an EQ on top of it...

Also find it hard to get a good dirty tone out of the Revalver VK but maybe I need to play with it more.

I honestly wouldn't know, it's been years since I played a VK, and I didn't even bother opening the model of it.

The 6505 sounds fantastic though with Catharsis impulses. Seriously, I think I like it better than my recordings of my real 5150

Wasn't too much impressed by the Recto model, but I also didn't play around with it much... The software is made by Peavey, so I assume the Peavey models are the best ones, haha.

If I ever figure out how to run the routing again on my interface to reamp (just upgraded my computer from Windows XP to Windows 7, so I could run Pro Tools 9, and forgot to save my settings for the Focusrite MixControl ), I'm going to record my 5150 through the exact same signal chain as I did the 6505 on ReValver (including the impulse), and see how both compare
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ Sounds like a plan.

Also everything on ReValver sounds waaaay better with the Catharsis impulses. How does Peavey get that so wrong?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
^ Sounds like a plan.

Also everything on ReValver sounds waaaay better with the Catharsis impulses. How does Peavey get that so wrong?

It's not like their impulses are bad... POD Farm impulses, and pretty much every other modeler I've heard sounds better with Catharsis ones, or something of similar quality, at least Peavey gives you the ability to load in your own though. I just use the ones in POD Farm because I use an EQ in the loop of my amp (and delay/reverb on cleans), and if I disabled the cab and ran an impulse after POD Farm, it wouldn't sound right
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Cool, I have some Redwirez ones, but I was never very impressed with them, unfortunately

Really? I like Redwirez way more than Catharsis impulses. I especially like to use LeCab and blend two different Redwirez and it sounds awesome.

Although I usually use some obscure impulses I find over the internet. This guy on youtube made a Mode Four impulse thats fantastic, and a lot of the time I'll use Sperimental's Framus or Mesa impulses.

It seems like the really good impulses don't get very much recognition. Guitar Hacks are by far the most popular but I think they all sound like shit.
Quote by Ignite
Really? I like Redwirez way more than Catharsis impulses. I especially like to use LeCab and blend two different Redwirez and it sounds awesome.

Although I usually use some obscure impulses I find over the internet. This guy on youtube made a Mode Four impulse thats fantastic, and a lot of the time I'll use Sperimental's Framus or Mesa impulses.

It seems like the really good impulses don't get very much recognition. Guitar Hacks are by far the most popular but I think they all sound like shit.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I really like some of my RedWirez impulses for the lighter stuff, but I just can't seem to find any I really like for the higher gain stuff. They sound too throaty and not aggressive enough for me
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Oh, don't get me wrong, I really like some of my RedWirez impulses for the lighter stuff, but I just can't seem to find any I really like for the higher gain stuff. They sound too throaty and not aggressive enough for me

You're right, most of then, especially the Mesa impulses are definitely not aggressive enough. Now that I think about it I actually wasn't too impressed with Redwirez, I just really liked the Uberschall cab.
Last edited by Ignite at Jul 10, 2011,