Getting rid of my Epiphone Socal 50/Bugera 412BK halfstack to get a nice tube combo that I can gig with. Assuming I sell the other amp my budget will probably end up being around $700, so I'll be looking for something used. I play mostly pop punk stuff along the lines of The Wonder Years and similar artists, and I also really enjoy playing stuff similar to Brand New. For guitars I have a Ibanez RG270 and a Tele with Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in both the bridge and neck. Suggest amps that I should look into!

Edit: Would prefer a 212.
Last edited by haalternative at Jul 10, 2011,
the socal is a nice amp. you just need a new cab.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Wow, weird. You didn't, by chance, post a Craigslist ad for that in Maine, did you? If so I just read it before this thread. Anyway, a Fender Hotrod with a pedal for dirtier sounds, perhaps? Or a Twin of some sort, if you're set on a 212, maybe?
Last edited by Kahner at Jul 10, 2011,
Carvin x100b

/thread
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by Kahner
Wow, weird. You didn't, by chance, post a Craigslist ad for that in Maine, did you? If so I just read it before this thread. Anyway, a Fender Hotrod with a pedal for dirtier sounds, perhaps? Or a Twin of some sort, if you're set on a 212, maybe?

That'd be me! Small world haha.
Quote by AcousticMirror
the socal is a nice amp. you just need a new cab.

I'm downsizing because I'm going away to college this fall and I don't really want a halfstack in my dorm room. I could get a 212 cab for it, but I'm always looking for an excuse for new gear anyways haha.
get a fender, something that will cover your clean sound great, and use pedals for dirt
Check out Egnater
Quote by haalternative
Nice! I'd definitely be interested in a Rebel 30 if I could find one for the right price.

Nice amps!!