Looking for a replacement strat neck with a finished black headstock. Apparently they're harder to find than they seem. Any ideas?
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Looking for a replacement strat neck with a finished black headstock. Apparently they're harder to find than they seem. Any ideas?

My idea would just be to get a normal Strat neck, (ie. maple headstock), and just paint it black, put a logo on it, (if it's a Fender or Jackson, or if you want it to say Ibanez for some sick reason, just buy a logo, and lacquer over it), and bam, good as new.

Mind letting us in on your project?
Gear:

Early 90's B.C. Rich STIII N.J. Series, Red Sparkle
1988 Charvel Model 4, Firecrackle - Retired
2003-04s Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, Gray Nickel
Line 6 Spidervalve HD100 MK1 with Marshall VS412
This ^^^
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

THis is the project. Stew mac body with my original MIM neck. Got the loaded Lace pickguard at about the same time as the body. Immediately after this photo was taken though I replaced those hideous cream knobs with black ones.

Anyways, I was hoping not to have to do a custom from Warmoth because the base price for a custom is like $360 or something like that. I guess I'll just have to consider getting a regular rosewood fingerboard neck from Warmoth and finish the headstock black.

Edit: Would a Jazzmaster neck fit on my S-style body? I was thinking something like this might look kinda cool

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?i=SN9713&Body=1&Path=Neck
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Last edited by i(ncubus)play at Jul 10, 2011,