How come I don't see many of these guitars? All the FR-equipped guitars I see (well, I don't really look around at everything, mainly just ESP/Jackson/Agile) are 25.5" or higher. There are plenty of 24.75" scale guitars out there, but for some reason when it comes to Floyd Roses they all seem to be 25.5" I do see some 24.75 FR Agiles, but they're just not that common.

Or if I happen to be totally wrong, just slap me and tell me so.
Last edited by fixationdarknes at Jul 10, 2011,
Generally the styles that benefit from the FR also benefit from the longer scale length for playing higher on the neck, so that's just how it tends to work out. As you said though, some can be found. Gibson has one IIRC (probably a signature model), but beyond that it's pretty much the domain of custom orders. You can get them readily through Warmoth with their conversion length necks, though you are stuck with bolt on necks (not necessarily a problem, just a consideration).
Sup.

There's all the ESP Eclipse models that have FR's, but I'm sure you already know about that.

I'm guessing it's mostly just a supply/demand thing. Traditionally, all your FR equipped guitars have been 25.5". Maybe in the future we'll see more 24.75" scales with trems though, as trends change.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Metal guitarists often like Floyd Roses. Metal guitarists also often like 25.5" scale guitars.
Quote by Mind Kill
Metal guitarists often like Floyd Roses. Metal guitarists also often like 25.5" scale guitars.

Sadly, this is probably the most accurate reason.