I was looking at reviews and i noticed that the v5 is only 130 or something close. Are there any downsides besides the lack of features? Will i be able to use od to boost the dist into at most classic metal range? Do they still shoot flames out of the back? Please answer these as this is the cheapest i have seen a new tube amp. And one more, how do they run eq pedals as they lack an eq.
What is it with the rush of people wanting to play metal through small single ended blues amps?

I'll do some old metal I suppose but it's the wrong amp. Look for something used.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
its a matter of iit being a cheap decent tube amp. The used stuff near me is filled with line six and other awful ss amps. The cheapest tube combo i have seen cost 350, so i just want to know the answers to the questions.
Quote by Cathbard
What is it with the rush of people wanting to play metal through small single ended blues amps?

I'll do some old metal I suppose but it's the wrong amp. Look for something used.

Its because people are going on guitarcenter.com and looking at tube combo amps from lowest price and up and guess what amps are on the first page...
or i have done research, i want a tube amp, and my family isn't exactly rich. Reviews were good and for the money its probably the best i will do.