I'm working through a guitar build at the moment (pictures here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457645) and we're up to the stage where the two pac is pretty much sorted and it's time to wire. Just got to get her all wired up and then she's going pretty much straight on the road with me.

I have a brian may replica and I like the out of phase options which even though I've had for 4 years, I've only started using them now. I'd like to see if it's possible to add a useable different sound to this guitar build.

It has a volume, a tone and a 3 way toggle, the pickups are a single in the neck and a bucker in the bridge.

Would it be possible to wire the middle position of the switch to do anything interesting? I was thinking maybe wiring it like an esquire where the middle position cuts the tone knob out or something, but I don't know. I'm happy to do my own research and am doing at the moment, but I only have till tuesday and I've never considered these sorts of things before so I'm starting fresh and would love some opinions.

EDIT: I'm wondering if it'd be possible for me to wire the bridge to ground, bypassing the tone and volume, but still have it on the three way so that the other two options will give me my normal pickup sounds.

EDIT 2: It's not going to work. Just realised the standard 3 way can only take 2 signals and then blend them. I'd need another switch or something for this to work the way I want it to.

TL: DR - Need useable wiring mods based on H/S and Vol/ Tone/ 3 way toggle.
Last edited by CobenBlack at Jul 10, 2011,
It seems a bit to me like you don't want to start poking holes in your guitar, maybe pick up a push-pull pot and wire it that way. when you pull the knob out, you get the out of phase sound you like so much, but when you push it back in, you get a regular sound. Good luck!
*insert witty statement here*
that could work. I'll have time to drill holes in it eventually, but the guitar is nearly finished and I don't have time to wait for the parts because I need it for some gigs that are coming up.

I might have to acquire a push pull pot and see how that goes. =D I'd just thought that maybe there was something I could do with how it was.