Hey guys, ive written a small program that calculates the spacing of the frets for you just by the string length.

It will aslo calculate the length the strings need to be be if you tell it the size of the first fret on the neck.
Thats useful for people who did what i did which was build a guitar with a neck that someone else made, or if you use an old neck to make your guitar. or possibly even for adjusting the neck if its somehow in the wrong position.
Anyway when uploading the program the screenshot didnt upload for some reason, so heres one:

DOWNLOAD LINK

The first fret part would be very useful I'd think!
The calculator part is basically the same as the one on the StewMac site though.

One thing I'd change would be to give the fret spacings measured from the nut rather than from the previous fret. That way it minimises errors that may happen, which will compound if you measure each from the previous fret.
Quote by littlephil
The first fret part would be very useful I'd think!
The calculator part is basically the same as the one on the StewMac site though.

One thing I'd change would be to give the fret spacings measured from the nut rather than from the previous fret. That way it minimises errors that may happen, which will compound if you measure each from the previous fret.

yea good idea, ill do that now, ill make it display both
Ok made a new one, it displays both size and distance to nut and it also saves the measurements to a text file so you can print them, cos chances are your not building your neck at your computer lol.

please rate it so people will start downloading it.
DOWNLOAD LINK

This is freakin' awesome, man! I've tried coding programs before, but they've never been like this. Good work! Haha.