So i've joined this new band and we're looking to start jamming soon and unfortunately my current amp won't cut the volume levels we're looking at. My current amp that I use for home use is a Laney L5T which is a small vintage style amp but for this next amp I'm looking with something with more gain on tap.

Budget:
I'm looking at the price range of £250-£500 but I could probably push for £550

Genres and what I want:
Looking for tones ranging from Blues to Hard Rock, I want smooth leads with a good range of dirty tones and a warm bassy clean channel.
The amp must have more than 1 channel
Not too bothered about an FX loop, it be nice to have one but its not essential.
The amp should take pedals well.

Home or Gig:
I'm going to be using this at band practise and for some small - medium sized gigs hopefully, I would like to be able to use this amp at home but it's not essential

Current Gear:
I'm going to use this with my fender mustang and a single cut with a stock single coil in the neck and a JB Jr in the bridge.
I should be running this amp head with a Marshall 1960B cab so it should have a 4 Ohm impedance option.

New or Used:
Don't mind New or Used

Closest City:
My closest city is Brighton

Serious suggestions only please (Yes I do know this is UG)

Thanks for the help
Hi, I just bought and Jet City JCA50H and I use the 1960A cabinet too, and I can tell you, that IS the amp you are looking for.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
there are some really good deals on jet cities on ebay from the UK distributor- they're new but the boxes are damaged. Might be worth considering (I haven't tried them).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
there are some really good deals on jet cities on ebay from the UK distributor- they're new but the boxes are damaged. Might be worth considering (I haven't tried them).

aye i've seen them they are very cheap but i'm not a massive fan of jet city
The Peavey ValveKing would be perfect. Get one of the combos, and use the rest of your budget swapping the speaker(s), and upgrading the tubes.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by MM14
aye i've seen them they are very cheap but i'm not a massive fan of jet city

ah ok, no worries. like any good deal, they're only a good deal if you actually like them
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Jet City is a really popular choice these days. Also look at the Bugera V55 it can do hardrock, but will need a boost to go metal.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Any thoughts about the Orange TH30 or the H&K Tubemeister 18?

managed to find a TH30 for the same price as the Tubemeister
I have never used the H&K, but the Orange is a nice head, but not a heap of gain on tap.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I have never used the H&K, but the Orange is a nice head, but not a heap of gain on tap.

Getting a TH30 myself, It has a keg party worth of gain, and some great cleans too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Akwf5sLk-o

My only personal complaint is that it's made in China. Honestly for how it sounds though, and the fact its warranted for 2 years........I don't really care.

@ the OP, I think the Clean channel on the TH30 is all you'll ever REALLY need, based on your style. it cleans up nicely, with a guitar's volume pot, but like many of the older amps without a master volume, goes into some great natural sounding distortion when pushing the clean channel hard. The gain channel is there to give you more flexibility.
Best Regards,

Ryan

I'm a Pilot. Like Bruce. I win, you lose.

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany.

VOX AD15VT
Orange Dual Terror Orange TH30
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Whatever you do don't get a Bugera 1990 infinium I did and it carped it self switching channels rebooting itself on the clean and drive channel I can't speak for the others.I was told the 1990 issues where fixed with the 1990 infinium I changed all the tubes it went back for warranty 3 times and could not be fixed all this happened just days befor my warranty ran out I was told I would have to pay for the next time it went out.So it just sits there as a reminder that I should have listened to all the others who bought one befor me.Lesson learnt Bugera/behringer you got me
Do they sell Ampegs in the UK?
Quote by Rick1971
Whatever you do don't get a Bugera 1990 infinium I did and it carped it self switching channels rebooting itself on the clean and drive channel I can't speak for the others.I was told the 1990 issues where fixed with the 1990 infinium I changed all the tubes it went back for warranty 3 times and could not be fixed all this happened just days befor my warranty ran out I was told I would have to pay for the next time it went out.So it just sits there as a reminder that I should have listened to all the others who bought one befor me.Lesson learnt Bugera/behringer you got me

Don't bump 4yr old threads
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate