Do that sort of fade in effect that you get in songs like Would by AIC?
I'm talking like, just before the riff comes in you hear the volume get in louder and louder.
It's not exactly violining, that I can do.
But every time I try and do this, i try and turn the volume up as slowly as possible, and every time the volume just get's too loud to quickly, which isn't what I'm looking for.

Is there something I'm missing, or is it something only possible in studio recordings or what?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
a volume pedal would do the job

EDIT: yes it could also be studio effects, you can do it in audacity with no trouble
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
I'm guessing that it's just a fade-in. That's a studio technique in which the various instruments just fade in from whatever they had before that. You can mimic it by doing a volume swell with your volume knob, but it won't sound quite the same.
Thank's guys.
Yeah, a volume swell is what I meant by violining, it just doesn't have the same effect..

It's s shame because I recently wrote a song in which a fade in would fit, but I can't quite get it by swelling the volume on my guitar, and I would like to do it live..
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
A volume pedal works better than the knob in my experience. It preserves your tone (since knobs tend to make distorted tones clean when set low) and has a smoother range.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.