Hey guys, me and a few of my friends just finished our second song from a concept EP that we're in the process of recording. If you could listen to it and provide any feedback it would be highly appreciated. There's lots of tapping, a jazzy part and then some noise thrown in at the end for good measure. Thanks in advance, and if you enjoy it or think someone you know would then we would love it if you showed other people.

http://soundcloud.com/seanb1192/the-sympathy-bandit-lappel-du
I know this is demo quality, but some really good ideas going on here. Definitely good indie/post-hardcore stuff. I really wish the vocals weren't so hot in the mix, because the instrumental stuff is really good but hard to hear over the yelling. Sit it down in the mix a bit and it'll be much better.

The part leading into the bridge (@0:41) is my fav. part of this song.

c4c the song REGICIDAL MOB www.reverbnation.com/worsethingswaiting
Guy Stabs

-like a snail along a straight razor, dividing itself through motion
M E S H U G G A H
Quote by kasso99
I know this is demo quality, but some really good ideas going on here. Definitely good indie/post-hardcore stuff. I really wish the vocals weren't so hot in the mix, because the instrumental stuff is really good but hard to hear over the yelling. Sit it down in the mix a bit and it'll be much better.

The part leading into the bridge (@0:41) is my fav. part of this song.

c4c the song REGICIDAL MOB www.reverbnation.com/worsethingswaiting

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Glad you like the instruments, we were all pretty proud of how they ended up. I'm still working on my mixing skills, I've been experimenting with different things when it comes to vocals so I'll try to keep in mind to make them sit a bit better for our next song.
I thought the instruments were going to open up at some point, instead of staying in that trebley no-mid sort of "boxed" sound.
Nice ideas flowing around though. I dont usually pop my head in this place, so how the critique thing works i dont know :P
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
Quote by W4T3V3R
I thought the instruments were going to open up at some point, instead of staying in that trebley no-mid sort of "boxed" sound.
Nice ideas flowing around though. I dont usually pop my head in this place, so how the critique thing works i dont know :P

Well, as far as tone goes there were definitely mids but we were playing mostly notes in higher registers so I guess I can see what you're saying, though maybe we should play with our tones more when doing that sort of thing. Thanks for the feedback though, glad you thought there was interesting stuff going on and I really appreciate the comments.