Option C
5 10%
Other (specify)
14 27%
Fun option
6 12%
Voters: 52.
Hey pit,

I have a female best friend. Her father used to collect high end guitars, but he died a couple of years ago. My friend and her mother, knowing absolutely nothing about guitars, sold some of them for like 100€ each. Yes, not kidding.

Now, the good news is that there are still 10-12 guitars left (including Les Pauls, Stratocasters, Telecasters, etc), and they would like to sell them too. So, what would YOU do?

Option A: tell her "Your guitars are worth like 1000€ each, I'll help you sell them for the right price if you let me keep 10-20% of the money earned."

Option B: tell her "Your guitars are worth like 1000€ each, I'll help you sell them for the right price if you give me one of them for free."

Option C: tell her "Please sell me all your guitars for 100€ each like you did with other people, they aren't worth more."

Note 1: she doesn't know how to sell online. I could actually put them on eBay for her.

Note 2: I'm not actually a dick. She is generous and already told me she will give me either part of the money or one of the guitars for free if I help her. I would never do option C anyway, I'm not a scammer.
Last edited by Poglia at Jul 10, 2011,
I don't think you have any friends if those are your options.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jul 10, 2011,
Option D: Help her sell the guitars for 1000 Funky Looking E Symbol That Means Money,without jacking her money or taking her shit.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
Quote by Metallicaxp
Option D: Help her sell the guitars for 1000 Funky Looking E Symbol That Means Money,without jacking her money or taking her shit.

exactly. don't be a jerk, you said this is your best friend that we are talking about.
buy one for what it's actually worth if you want one, otherwise help sell them for a fair price
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by captaincrunk
Option B is option A. Because if they're all a thousand, taking 1 is 10%.

I thought option A was the solid good-guy option. Edited my post now. Option A,B and C were all dick options apparently.
they obviously don't mind selling the guitars for a low price, buy them off of her.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Why do you need personal gain out of this situation?
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
why do you have to take anything. be honest to them especially if its your friend. help them and dont ask for anything
Quote by captaincrunk
So solid good guys don't value their skills?

Value skill of what? Gaining material stuff from helping a friend?
I edited the first post. I'm not actually the guy who likes to take advantage of my friend.
Quote by captaincrunk
So solid good guys don't value their skills?

it isn't that much of a specialized skill to use the internet to sell a guitar.
Quote by captaincrunk
On a related note, guys, will you have a special place in your will for your most favorite (and presumably expensive by the time you're this old) instruments?

Yes, to ts. So he can sell it.
Quote by uhh_me?
it isn't that much of a specialized skill to use the internet to sell a guitar.

It is when you have no idea how to do it and no interest in learning.

EDIT: Take bagging groceries for example. Just because you know how doesn't mean you want to do it. May as well let the store pay a young person a little $$$ to do it for you.
Last edited by captaincrunk at Jul 10, 2011,
If she's a best friend, you should help her sell them for a good price regardless of whether she compensates you for it, and if there's one you'd like to OWN (not turn around and sell for your own profit!) then offer to buy it off her and she just might give it to you as a way of saying thanks.

Friends don't take advantage of friends dude.
Option D: tell her "Your guitars are worth like 1000€ each, I'll help you sell them for the right price if you give me a 50% discount on one of them.
Quote by Ghostmaker
If she's a best friend, you should help her sell them for a good price regardless of whether she compensates you for it, and if there's one you'd like to OWN (not turn around and sell for your own profit!) then offer to buy it off her and she just might give it to you as a way of saying thanks.

Friends don't take advantage of friends dude.
She already told me she will give me one for free or part of the money. I'm not a dick, it's HER offer.
All of those options include ripping off your best friend of her dead father's guitars for your own profit. So... option D, tell your friend their actual worth and don't be a dick.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
if she offered to give you one for free or some money
i say help her sell them at a good price and keep one or some money
im sure just by telling her thay are worth alot more that 100 dollars is just dandy and helping her sell is better

either way dont rip her off
Quote by Kensai
All of those options include ripping off your best friend of her dead father's guitars for your own profit. So... option D, tell your friend their actual worth and don't be a dick.

But she's a friend. She don't mind getting ripped off.
Quote by Poglia
She already told me she will give me one for free or part of the money. I'm not a dick, it's HER offer.

In that case. Help her sell the guitars and offer to buy one off her. Do not accept offers of money or free guitars.

That is what I would do, for it is my opinion.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
I would be seriously tempted to do Option C, I know it's wrong, but business is business... and guitars are serious money makers.
Quote by Poglia

Oh okay then. In that case I would just do whatever works for you, if there's a guitar you would like then go for it, if not then put the cash towards something else.

Thanks for clarifying this part too, because it's actually really nice that you're going to help them out and not let them be taken advantage of by others. My family knows how much my guitars cost, so just in case anything happens to me they will know whether they are being ripped off or not.
Tell her how much they are worth (I'm sure some will be more/less than €1000 but yeah tell he that 100 is way under).

And if you want one, buy one from her. I'm sure that your honesty and friendship to the family would give you a bit of a discount and you won't feel bad about it.

You have to think, these were her Father's, who has passed away, it'd be disrespectful to do anything but tell her the truth and stuff.
Tell her the real worth, offer to help in any way necessary, i.e. listing, selling, sending, logistics etc, and accept any material thanks that you are offered. Chances are if you manage to net her 12k instead of 1.2k, she'll be very grateful. Hell, if someone raised my profits tenfold by showing me my ignorance, I'd give them something in return.
If she's your bestfriend, going through a tough time I think you should tell her theyre worth more. She'll probably give you a guitar anyway.
Quote by captaincrunk
All this hate is so undeserved. What is wrong with you people?

He should be taking no reward in this task, even though it was offered.