Page 1 of 2
Source

Police in Indiana say they arrested an Amish man who arrived in a horse-drawn buggy for a presumed rendezvous with a 12-year-old girl to whom he had sent sexually explicit cell phone messages.

Officers arrested 21-year-old William R. Yoder on Wednesday after he rode up to the Takathemoke Restaurant in Milroy, Indiana, and approached an undercover agent.

"The suspect arrived, in a one-horse carriage as he said he would, was identified by the undercover officer confirming his identity and was taken into custody without incident," said Connersville, Indiana, police Detective Craig Pennington.

Yoder was taken to Fayette County Jail, about 60 miles east of Indianapolis, where in a videotaped statement he confessed that he sent video messages, naked pictures of himself and lewd text messages.

According to Pennington, Yoder said he believed he was going to have sex with the girl, that he realized it was a bad decision and that he had never done anything like it before.

The case came to light after the girl's parents contacted police in Connersville to report that their daughter had received three sexually explicit messages, including a request that she send back naked pictures of herself, Pennington said.

The phone was handed over to Indiana State Police, and a forensic examination revealed that 600 text messages, along with six picture messages and two video messages, had been exchanged between the girl and Yoder.

"I am happy that no further victimization occurred, and that he was at least truthful about his description," Pennington said, "and I believe that the communication between child and parent, however awkward it may have been, was crucial in stopping this behavior and culminated in a successful arrest and seizure of the suspect and his cell phone."

Bond was set at $20,000 with a preliminary trial date of September 19.

I'm gonna be honest, I lol'd.

EDIT:
QUICK UPDATE FOR THOSE SAYING "AMISH CAN'T HAVE CELL PHONES"

The Amish are allowed to break some of their laws until they are baptized, which usually doesn't happen until between the ages of 16-25.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Last edited by zgr0826 at Jul 10, 2011,
Quote by genghisgandhi
He can't be Amish if he lives in Indiana.

There are about 38,000 Amish in Indiana.
Quote by The_Blode

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
Why does he have a cell phone?
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
I saw this a few weeks ago. We tease one friend for having the last name Yoder (it's a very common Amish name, very common) and having come from Amish country in Indiana. I almost sent this to her but then I remembered she's a bitch all the time and she'd bitch about this too.

But I lol'd.
I guess like any other religion, the Amish are slowly lowering their standards. Like the Jews For Jesus and the Christians Not For Jesus.
Quote by Tragic Mulatto
wait, the amish are kinda like a mix between eskimos and hipsters right?
I don't even know...

OT: He's obviously not a very good Amish man, if this truly is the case. For one, they're not supposed to even use cell phones. Two, pretty sure it's not right to sext someone, according to their beliefs.
This is one of the strangest news stories I'll read this year.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I don't even know...

OT: He's obviously not a very good Amish man, if this truly is the case. For one, they're not supposed to even use cell phones. Two, pretty sure it's not right to sext someone, according to their beliefs.

Yeah they have a pretty clear and strict rule prohibiting sexting in their age-old written beliefs

But seriously, I find this a little funny
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I don't even know...

Well, on one, every Amish community is going to be a little different. Especially considering it is silly to avoid tech in today's world.
what age is that rumspringa shit they do? maybe that was it. the guy is 21 though i thought they do that at like 18 so i could be wrong.

The Amish are allowed to break some of their laws until they are baptized, which usually doesn't happen until between the ages of 16-25.
Quote by The_Blode

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
Hey, you're bogarting Woffelz's material.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Norse Thrasher
Yeah they have a pretty clear and strict rule prohibiting sexting in their age-old written beliefs

But seriously, I find this a little funny
They take the Bible quite literally, man. And the Bible considers lust wrong. If he's sexting some 12 year old, he's clearly lusting after her.

Quote by captaincrunk
Well, on one, every Amish community is going to be a little different. Especially considering it is silly to avoid tech in today's world.
True. But it's always been a general thing that the Amish don't embrace most technology.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jul 10, 2011,
Quote by zgr0826

This guy was 21, though
Every time someone uses the word "sexting," the little muscles that control my right lower eyelid twitch just a little.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
They take the Bible quite literally, man. And the Bible considers lust wrong. If he's sexting some 12 year old, he's clearly lusting after her.

True. But it's always been a general thing that the Amish don't embrace most technology.

I was being sarcastic, because when their beliefs were written, cell phones didn't exist, thus sexting didn't either, and the way you worded your post was just funny. I was just messin' with ya. But yeah I know they do.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Oh. I have the East coast bias of thinking Amish are only from Pennsylvania.

It's cool, man.

Quote by Norse Thrasher
This guy was 21, though

Normally I would point out that 21 =/= 25, but that tongue face stopped me.
Quote by The_Blode

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
Quote by son_of_bodom

I forgot the amish even lived in America!

...That's really the only place they live besides some in Canada.
Quote by The_Blode

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
Quote by zgr0826
It's cool, man.

No it didn't
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by zgr0826
It's cool, man.

Wait I'm a little confused. Don't they get baptized sometime between 16 - 25? So, wouldn't he most likely have been baptized by now, unless he was a slacker lol. I mean, I suppose he could wait a couple more years, but what's 3 more, really?
Quote by CaptDin
*waits for shooped Chris Hansen with Amish beard*

Sorry man, I know it sucks, but I did it really fast so...
Quote by Norse Thrasher
Wait I'm a little confused. Don't they get baptized sometime between 16 - 25? So, wouldn't he most likely have been baptized by now, unless he was a slacker lol. I mean, I suppose he could wait a couple more years, but what's 3 more, really?

The age of baptism depends on what the leader of each regional group, known as a bishop, decides on.
Quote by The_Blode

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
In his defense, don't they always **** and impregnate 12 year-old girls?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Lmao, he's called 'Yoder'
Quote by Ruination
I do genuinely love her, and not just because I like her breasts you know?
Quote by jimbojetuk
Lmao, he's called 'Yoder'

Sounds like Kennedy watching Star Wars.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by carlos_almighty
In his defense, don't they always **** and impregnate 12 year-old girls?

Nope. The average Amish couple don't have their first child until they're both in their early to mid-twenties, and any sex before that is strictly verboten.
Quote by The_Blode

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
I remember seeing a Law & Order episode where a kid is taken by his father and it ends up being traced to Orthodox Jews and they looked Amish as fuck.

Is that the same thing?
Wait, he was okay using the phone, but he drove up in a buggy?

This man knows a thing or two about subtlety.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Weaponized
I remember seeing a Law & Order episode where a kid is taken by his father and it ends up being traced to Orthodox Jews and they looked Amish as fuck.

Is that the same thing?

Nope. The Old Order Amish are not allowed to have pretty much any modern technology (Except some modern tools and maybe a basic diesel engine to power said modern tools, no tractors though). Also, no schooling beyond American 8th grade is allowed. German is the only language spoken in the homes, and no musical instruments are allowed in church, or at home. Most Amish disallow clothing with zippers or buttons, because they believe this is vain.

Orthodox Jews can have modern technology, but some of the older members dislike modern media, and thus look down on movies, TV, etc. The Orthodox Jews believe in a good education, and thus many go to college. They speak Hebrew at their services, but speak whatever language of the country they're in everywhere else. Although they dress conservatively, males wear a nice suit, and women wear dresses. Not too odd in Western society.

Hope that helps present a basic picture of differences.
Quote by The_Blode

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
This dates back to when Judas commissioned a statue of his dick and sent it to Mary Magdalene. Protip, It's actually the second original sin.
Page 1 of 2