I had a good idea and was wondering what mods I'd need to do to make it possible, I found this lefty telecaster for 500 and I'm a right handed player, what mods would be needed to play it as a righty? And would I still be able to put it on the strap ow would I have to make a few tweeks on the strap holder? thanks.
Last edited by JakePlaysGuitar at Jul 10, 2011,
Instead of screwing in a new one could I unscrew that on and weld it to the neck plate on the back?
Problem is Tele has only a single cutaway and played upside down the cutaway would be on the wrong side for a right-hander. The guitar's body would get in the way of reaching the upper frets, much like a standard acoustic guitar. And I don't see anyway to get around that at all. Unless you have some VERY long fingers on your left hand.
Never mind the Dawg . . . Beware of Owner!!
Quote by JakePlaysGuitar
Instead of screwing in a new one could I unscrew that on and weld it to the neck plate on the back?

can't you get strap buttons which'll replace one of the screws in the neck plate? if you can that'd be the thing, i think. assuming it doesn't completely throw the whole thing off-balance.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by JakePlaysGuitar

It'd be easier to just move it to the other side of the neck. Welding is... tricky.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by Dave_Mc
can't you get strap buttons which'll replace one of the screws in the neck plate? if you can that'd be the thing, i think. assuming it doesn't completely throw the whole thing off-balance.

Man I can't believe I didn't think of that, I feel like an idiot! and guys don't worry about the non cut away side, I have extremely long fingers, I have to smush them together to play an f because they're so long lol
or you can just buy a righty-oriented tele instead of doing all this extra pointless hassle.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
or you can just buy a righty-oriented tele instead of doing all this extra pointless hassle.

This
upside down tele wouldnt work
Come on like you've never wanted to do something to make you stand out, hendrix did a reverse strat, dunno why I couldn't do a reverse tele.
Quote by JakePlaysGuitar
Man I can't believe I didn't think of that, I feel like an idiot! and guys don't worry about the non cut away side, I have extremely long fingers, I have to smush them together to play an f because they're so long lol

haha no worries, it just came to me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by JakePlaysGuitar
Come on like you've never wanted to do something to make you stand out, hendrix did a reverse strat, dunno why I couldn't do a reverse tele.

Hendrix didn't "do a reverse strat" to make himself stand out, he did it because a righty was really the only thing available.

Also, I don't care how long your fingers are, you're going to have trouble playing the higher frets.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by JakePlaysGuitar

But a strat is a double cutaway guitar. That's a world of difference.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Im surprised no one has mentioned how shitty it will be have the controls on top of the strings instead of under them where they are supposed to be.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Quote by kolonelkadat
Im surprised no one has mentioned how shitty it will be have the controls on top of the strings instead of under them where they are supposed to be.
Because the inability to play anything above the 15th fret kind of makes this less of an issue..
It won't work like Jimi's strat, that has a double cut. The tele will be really uncomfortable reversed. I agree withabove post, buy what you need, a Right handed Tele shouldn't be that hard to come across and depending on your location should be cheeper than the Lefty used.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If you're gonna pull a Jimmy Hendrix and play a reversed guitar, try it with something that has two cutaways... Soloing on a guitar with no cutaway is worse than trying to solo on a Gibson double-neck....
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by JakePlaysGuitar

except for the fact that the tele isn't a double cut as it's been mentioned. unless you're not planning to do anything above the 15th fret, there's no point, and to be honest, an upside down tele would just look dumb.

a strat can only be done upside down (to an extent) because it has 2 cut aways. no one does that to show off/stand out.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by CrazyPigeon
You'd have to change the nut and move the strap button.

And adjust the bridge saddles the other way, so the low E is the farthest back. Don't forget that.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
The amount of dumb in this thread makes my head hurt. Just saying
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by DamagingExcess
The amount of dumb in this thread makes my head hurt. Just saying

The amount of smartasses in this thread makes my head hurt. Just saying.
Quote by randomhero93
except for the fact that the tele isn't a double cut as it's been mentioned. unless you're not planning to do anything above the 15th fret, there's no point, and to be honest, an upside down tele would just look dumb.

a strat can only be done upside down (to an extent) because it has 2 cut aways. no one does that to show off/stand out.

Joe Perry used to play left handed Strat bodies with a right handed neck, probably just to show off/stand out. It was after Aerosmith had made it big so he could probably afford right handed ones and it DEFINITELY wasn't because they ran out of righties and all they had were lefties...
Quote by Wisthekiller
Joe Perry used to play left handed Strat bodies with a right handed neck, probably just to show off/stand out. It was after Aerosmith had made it big so he could probably afford right handed ones and it DEFINITELY wasn't because they ran out of righties and all they had were lefties...

Thank you my good man!!!!!!
Quote by JakePlaysGuitar
The amount of smartasses in this thread makes my head hurt. Just saying.

ICWATUDIDTHAR
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
1. you don't need a new nut, just flip the one around.
2. mosrites are inverted strats so it has been done for more than just necessity (well copy right necessity there)
3. I have a Jazz bass left body, right neck strung right, and even with its cutaways, I cannot reach nearly as far as my P or mustang. a teles bass side juts out even more than an acoustic.

Overall, it's an interesting concept, but I think you should play with this idea on a cheap SX copy first, and spend the big money on a good guitar. but hell if your playing cowpunk rhythm guitar, you might just slap a bigsby on there and call it golden.
Quote by askrere
1. you don't need a new nut, just flip the one around.
2. mosrites are inverted strats so it has been done for more than just necessity (well copy right necessity there)
3. I have a Jazz bass left body, right neck strung right, and even with its cutaways, I cannot reach nearly as far as my P or mustang. a teles bass side juts out even more than an acoustic.

Overall, it's an interesting concept, but I think you should play with this idea on a cheap SX copy first, and spend the big money on a good guitar. but hell if your playing cowpunk rhythm guitar, you might just slap a bigsby on there and call it golden.

I'll probably do that, mess around with a cheap copy first and find the end results.
Another thing is you're bridge pickup will be inverted so it'll be a different sound.