Hi!
My problem is that my band has a pretty good bassist, but he will go to the USA as an exchange student for a year and I don't know what to do. We obviously can't leave the post free for a year but if we get a new one he will most probably ask for his place when he comes back and I can't really tell him "aw why did you have to leave you ****ed it up" because he is a really good friend of mine, but telling the new one "we don't need you anymore so GTFO(especially if he is good)" would be rude too.What do you suggest?
I assume you're a young band. Why don't you find a new bassist in the meantime and see if the band is even still doing stuff by the time he's done with school? Then you can worry about it.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Sometimes tough decision will need to be make, so when your friend come back just kick the new guy out. That's how it is. But who know, the new bassist might be fit better than your friend tho.
yes I guess by time I can make the right decision until then I'll start to look for a new one
Or, you know, maybe the band won't even be together in a year. I assume you're in highschool. There's a good chance you'll have multiple bands during your time there.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!