Hey guys!

It's me Jarrod! I recentley came into money, and have 200 bucks to spend on an amp. I got to play the peavey windsor and absolutely addored it, and it was used on sale for 199.99 bucks! It was the 100 watt head (I need to buy a cab ALTHOUGH my epiphone amp can be used as a cab )

Is there anything in the price range you guys can recomend? It must be high watt as well, as this most likely will be used when I join a band XD. Any help will be apreciated!
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
are you asking us if we recommend the windsor or are you asking us to recommend a cab for use with it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you like it... get it... and save for a cab.. Can the speakers in your current amp comfortably handle 100 watts?
The Windsor is a great amp for what it costs.

I wouldn't use your amp as a cab though - I highly doubt the speaker in it is 100W. Butm what amp is it?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I'm soory for not giving much info XD.

I wanted to know if there was anything in the price range which was better. My amp is an Epiphone Valve special with an 8ohms slot for the speaker to plug into other heads. And I'm gonna guess it can't take 100w once I thought of it XD

So that in mind, whats a good, but really really REALLY cheap cab I can get? I can probally take maybe and extra hundred out, but thats if i'm REALLY LUCKY. Also I preferered used, as I can get a highly quality cab for less price. I checked out Guitarcenters website in used, and it seems that the peavey cabs 4x12 go from 99.99 and below. How are they?
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
ah ok

yeah, i mean i'm not too well up on US prices but for $200 it's prolly gonna be hard to do much better than the windsor. Just keep an eye out in case some other deals come along.

peavey cabs... i dunno. they don't have that great of a rep but whether that's the cabs or speakers (or both), i dunno. certainly their speakers don't seem to be all that well-regarded.

again just keep an eye out.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They're pretty crappy. But you're not going to get anything better for that amount of money, so I'd go for it. I'd take a Peavey cab any day over something like a Crate or a Behringer or whatever else might be that cheap.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
peaveys cabs aren't that great.

usually jcm800 lead cabs and mesa cabs go for about 300-400 on craigslist though.

the windsor is an alright amp. pretty good mod platform for 200 bucks.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
peaveys cabs aren't that great.

usually jcm800 lead cabs and mesa cabs go for about 300-400 on craigslist though.

the windsor is an alright amp. pretty good mod platform for 200 bucks.

Min is this an offer to mod the Windsor to XD.

I don't think I'll be buying mesa or marshall cabs, unless I find them REALLY CHEAP. As my max price for a cab is 150 or less...so im pretty poor XD
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
I'm soory for not giving much info XD.

I wanted to know if there was anything in the price range which was better. My amp is an Epiphone Valve special with an 8ohms slot for the speaker to plug into other heads. And I'm gonna guess it can't take 100w once I thought of it XD

So that in mind, whats a good, but really really REALLY cheap cab I can get? I can probally take maybe and extra hundred out, but thats if i'm REALLY LUCKY. Also I preferered used, as I can get a highly quality cab for less price. I checked out Guitarcenters website in used, and it seems that the peavey cabs 4x12 go from 99.99 and below. How are they?

I dont know much about the Epi Valve but are you sure the 8 ohm spot is for other heads to plug into it or is it for the Epi to plug into other cabs?
Quote by Offworld92
They're pretty crappy. But you're not going to get anything better for that amount of money, so I'd go for it. I'd take a Peavey cab any day over something like a Crate or a Behringer or whatever else might be that cheap.

I don't know what Windsor you played or if you were trying to use it for something its not designed for, but they are great amps. Very JCM800ish, great for straight up rock and some lower gain metal stuff, excellent thrash metal amps.
Quote by coolstoryangus
^i think he meant peavey cabs, not the windsor.

Oh, my mistake.

Compared to amps in the $1000+ range yea the Windsor isn't anything special, but for the price you pay for it blows a lot of amps out of the water if you're looking for something with a little balls for some straight up rock.
Quote by guitarpatrick66
I dont know much about the Epi Valve but are you sure the 8 ohm spot is for other heads to plug into it or is it for the Epi to plug into other cabs?

the epi can be used as both a head and a cab XD
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
Min is this an offer to mod the Windsor to XD.

I don't think I'll be buying mesa or marshall cabs, unless I find them REALLY CHEAP. As my max price for a cab is 150 or less...so im pretty poor XD

It's a pretty different amp then your epi.

It's actually a lot closer to what you're looking for...big watts, push-pull el34.

For 200 it's a really good amp to learn on. I don't really think it'll need any mods right out of the gate. You'll probably like it for a good while before you really think it needed any changes.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
It's a pretty different amp then your epi.

It's actually a lot closer to what you're looking for...big watts, push-pull el34.

For 200 it's a really good amp to learn on. I don't really think it'll need any mods right out of the gate. You'll probably like it for a good while before you really think it needed any changes.

Yeah i know, thats why when i went to play it, found out how cheap it was, and saw the watts, i almost had a stroke XD. Honestly if I wanted to change the sound It would probably be easier to get a pedal . Now back to the cabs...CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I don't know what Windsor you played or if you were trying to use it for something its not designed for, but they are great amps. Very JCM800ish, great for straight up rock and some lower gain metal stuff, excellent thrash metal amps.

Lol yeah I was talking about the cabs.

I love the Windsor for what it is, for how much you can get it for used, I think it's amazing, and I recommend them fairly often on here as a budget option.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Lol yeah I was talking about the cabs.

I love the Windsor for what it is, for how much you can get it for used, I think it's amazing, and I recommend them fairly often on here as a budget option.

Alright. I misunderstood what you were saying! Sorry man.
Even then, I think the cabs are really well built, it's really just the speakers that suck. I have an old Peavey MS412, and I love it as far as durability goes. It has a metal grill, and it's just awesome for playing live.

That said, Peavey no longer makes cabs with metal grills, and the few that they did are relatively rare, so that's kind of a moot point

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Offworld - I feel like a total idiot now. If I had paid attention to your previous post where you said "The Windsor is a great amp for what it costs" then the confusion would have been avoided!
Quote by Offworld92
Even then, I think the cabs are really well built, it's really just the speakers that suck. I have an old Peavey MS412, and I love it as far as durability goes. It has a metal grill, and it's just awesome for playing live.

That said, Peavey no longer makes cabs with metal grills, and the few that they did are relatively rare, so that's kind of a moot point

So if I find a cheap peavey cab should i get it? Will it at least be decent until I get money? Or is there something else that is in the pricerange that will be "OK"

btw I play everything from Rolling stones, black Sabbath, Rush, Van halen, to many other bands in the hard rock/metal genre.
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build