Hi guys,

I'm looking to add a second delay pedal to my board, I want it to have an external tap tempo so that I can use my footswitch to put the tempo into this and my dd7 at the same time.

Looking at either getting another dd7 or a dd20, but would like to know if there are other options I've missed.

Budget is £130ish, used is fine (infact preferable), based in the London Area.

Cheers.
Gear

Ibanez RG321mh
GND Strat
Laney Cub 12
Crybaby GCB-95
Boss TU-2
Digitech Bad Monkey
Marshall BB-2
EHX Little Big Muff
Joyo Ultimate Drive
SHO Clone
Boss DD-7
Boss DD-20
Boss CH-1
Daphone Volume Pedal
What I'd suggest in that price range is just sticking with another DD-7 since you already know how to work it.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Check out the Hardwire DL-8.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I may be wrong, but I think the hardwire doesn't have external tap tempo? this is quite important for me as I want to be able to change tempo quickly on both my delays at the same time.

Does anyone know if the line 6 echo park has ext tap, and if so, how it sounds?

**edit** the echo park doesn't have ext. tap tempo, nevermind.
Gear

Ibanez RG321mh
GND Strat
Laney Cub 12
Crybaby GCB-95
Boss TU-2
Digitech Bad Monkey
Marshall BB-2
EHX Little Big Muff
Joyo Ultimate Drive
SHO Clone
Boss DD-7
Boss DD-20
Boss CH-1
Daphone Volume Pedal
Last edited by kingpenguin at Jul 10, 2011,
Quote by kingpenguin
I may be wrong, but I think the hardwire doesn't have external tap tempo? this is quite important for me as I want to be able to change tempo quickly on both my delays at the same time.

Does anyone know if the line 6 echo park has ext tap, and if so, how it sounds?

**edit** the echo park doesn't have ext. tap tempo, nevermind.

Yes it does. The echo park I mean.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
really? the line 6 website says it has "2 in 1" technology, meaning you tap lightly for tempo, but never mentions external tap tempo, plus looking at pictures, there's no jack input for an external switch. Happy to be wrong though, looks like a decent pedal.
Gear

Ibanez RG321mh
GND Strat
Laney Cub 12
Crybaby GCB-95
Boss TU-2
Digitech Bad Monkey
Marshall BB-2
EHX Little Big Muff
Joyo Ultimate Drive
SHO Clone
Boss DD-7
Boss DD-20
Boss CH-1
Daphone Volume Pedal
I don't know much about pedals but I've got the Line 6 DL4 and I love it. It has a lot of really good effects and I like having the ability to use the looper. I found one used for about $150 (I don't know what that converts to tho)
I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff, but I may have an idea that might work for you. Problem is, I am clueless as to what you mean when you say "external tap tempo". Anyway, my idea is this, instead of getting a pedal you already have to achieve your goal, perhaps a new pedal with this "ext. tap tempo" might be a better investment. Especially if it gives you added features you don't already have, and gives what you need. I know the Boss RC-3 has a tap tempo, but I dunno if it is "external". If it would work for you, it would add a looper to your board as well. And at the same price range I think. $200.00 USD here, maybe near 130 pounds UK.

Edited to add. Oh, and it takes an external switch input for that too. I mean, it takes input from a Boss FS-5U. The switch will stop the tempo.
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at Jul 11, 2011,