I posted something in EG but i figure you guys might be able to help me more!

Theres a guy here on craigslist who has a Peavey 6505+ combo. Its the 1x12 model. He has groove tubes in it, says he likes em better. Now Im needing a new amp because all I have is a Crate 15 watt piece of shit. He said hed trade me for my MIM strat. Sounds like a good deal to me since I play my agile more anyway.

But heres my question, Ivbe heard the 6505 is kind of a one trick pony. Im all about some metal, but is that really all it can do?

Basically convince me the trade is a good deal for me thanks!!
Not so sure about this. You can get a 5150 for pretty cheap, and you might like that better.
WTLTL 2011
Do it, but you're gonna miss that Strat sooner or later...

The 6505+ is worth more than most MIM Strats anyway.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
It can do a lot, just learn how to tweak it. The cleans may or may not be to your taste, best thing you can do is try it out before making the trade.
Do it, that's a great trade, value wise, plus it will sound much better than your Crate for practically everything.

The 6505+s do excel more at higher gain stuff, but that doesn't mean they can't do other stuff, they are much more versatile than people give them credit for
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
ok another quick question!

Bedreoom levels, I know theres no way I could make it work at an apartment, But at my dads house can I keep it quiet enough when people are around to not have everyone hate me? hahaa
Sure, that's what the volume knobs are for. As long as you realise that they sound 100000x better turned up a bit (a lot). Rather fizzy at low volumes.
WTLTL 2011
These amps have a volume knob for a reason...

Also as far as the apartment thing, it really depends on which apartment you live in. I can have my amp pretty loud in mine.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
These amps have a volume knob for a reason...

Also as far as the apartment thing, it really depends on which apartment you live in. I can have my amp pretty loud in mine.

Just making sure, because some reviews say theyre really loud even at 1.

Idk if i get to excited haha i tend to piss my neighbors off quite easily. Ive had em bang on the wall nextdoor and on the floor from below me hahaha but oh well
just some of my random purchasing/trading that i do.

i will only trade if the value is higher than it would be for cash on their end. so if its worth $200, i will not take a trade worth $200, i would need the trade valued higher so say something worth $250 or so.

i will buy to flip any time i can cut 20% minimum.

if i have something that i dont use, i would trade for exact value, but i will never take a loss, unless its something i need desperately, like in your situation a decent tube amp, over your practice amp.

i have all my bases covered at the moment, so i am pretty much in the top two for just about everything.

but as far as my criteria goes, i would make a jump for it. you need it, its a better value on your side and the 6505 family are an easy quick resale.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thats a great deal. You could always sell it for more later if you find you don't like it.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
just some of my random purchasing/trading that i do.

i will only trade if the value is higher than it would be for cash on their end. so if its worth $200, i will not take a trade worth $200, i would need the trade valued higher so say something worth $250 or so.

i will buy to flip any time i can cut 20% minimum.

if i have something that i dont use, i would trade for exact value, but i will never take a loss, unless its something i need desperately, like in your situation a decent tube amp, over your practice amp.

This.

Well, pretty much. Except for the fact that if I don't really care to try it, or know that it will take a while to sell, 20% more isn't even worth my time, unless the 20% is equal to like $400+ on the more expensive items

I will, however, trade for something that is worth a similar value, or a bit more, if I know it will sell quicker than what I'm trying to get rid of Some things, I'm willing to sit on longer, because the return will be pretty high (like in the case of my Krank, I bought it cheap and just sold it for almost twice what I paid), but only if the price I paid was fairly low, or the return is going to be very significant. If I can sell something faster, though, I will almost always trade, sometimes even if that means taking a slight "loss" on its market value, because we all know I didn't pay its market value in the first place
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 11, 2011,
Quote by MatrixClaw
This.

Well, pretty much. Except for the fact that if I don't really care to try it, or know that it will take a while to sell, 20% more isn't even worth my time, unless the 20% is equal to like $400+ on the more expensive items

I will, however, trade for something that is worth a similar value, or a bit more, if I know it will sell quicker than what I'm trying to get rid of Some things, I'm willing to sit on longer, because the return will be pretty high (like in the case of my Krank, I bought it cheap and just sold it for almost twice what I paid), but only if the price I paid was fairly low, or the return is going to be very significant. If I can sell something faster, though, I will almost always trade, sometimes even if that means taking a slight "loss" on its market value, because we all know I didn't pay its market value in the first place

i do basically the same thread but have trouble have trouble falling in love with a lot of it. but i did trade/sell 15 guitars, four tube amps, and probably a dozen pedals or more since 1/1/11.

so far at a fair vaule i am up $6,000 this year in trades alone.

i got a tama starclassic maple hyperdrive kit, with a bunch of zildjian A and A Custom cymbals, a Gibraltar rack with a bunch of clamps, and one vintage steel snare and one gretsch hand hammered copper custom shop model snare (thats a $1200 snare) for a total of three crappy guitars (maybe worth $400 total), and a jet city JCA20 and a bad monkey OD. there is a nice chunk right there.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i just bought this amp a few weeks ago and i'm loving it. the metal tones are ridiculous, plus you got the tube swap knocked out for you already, it comes with ruby, not exactly the best. i would say go for it if you like metal. you won't be disappointed. also it does bedroom level fine but like all tube amps it only gets better with volume. btw this thing is a monster, biggest single speaker combo i've ever seen so get ready for a workout when moving it lol
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby