I'm leaving for Europe tomorrow (visiting Amsterdam, Bruges, Paris, and London) and I was wondering what cigarettes I should be purchasing.

I don't know if Marlboros and Camels are sold over there, but in the event they're not, I don't want to look like an idiot asking the store clerk which ones he recommends.

Additionally, be sure to recommend any beers that are region-specific to the area.

My favorite brand in America are Marlboro Lights. I hate menthols.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

yes, you can buy marlboros and camels in europe, we recently got a cool thing called electricity which works quite nicely and there's something else called a wheel but we don't really know what that does yet

e: oh in holland drink hertog jan where you can!
and just don't drink beer in belgium.. at all
Last edited by funeralllllllll at Jul 10, 2011,
Quote by funeralllllllll
yes, you can buy marlboros and camels in europe, we recently got a cool thing called electricity which works quite nicely and there's something else called a wheel but we don't really know what that does yet

It's used for masturbation I hear.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Don't worry, they've got it all. Try Gauloise (when you're in Belgium).

Beers... don't drink Heineken (or never ever mention it.). Jupiler, Stella, Duvel (stronger), Leffe (stronger) are definitely brands you have to try.
Scientists write papers and books. Engineers make money.
If you're going to Europe, why buy American cigarettes anyways? Its no fun to be an American overseas. Blend in a little.

On that note:

I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Don't get Richmond or Mayfair here, they're for the cheapos. Lucky Strikes are a good bet in any country.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

1) I wasn't trying to smoke American cigarettes, I was asking for brands similar to the Marlb Lights that I enjoy. My goal is to have people assume I'm from somewhere other than America -- until I open my mouth, at least.

2) It's not unreasonable to assume that you don't have American cigarettes. I wouldn't know though, that's why I'm asking.

And could some one give me a phonetic spelling of both Gauloise and Gitanes. I'm terribly ignorant in the way of Germanic-languages, althogh Gauloise sounds kinda French.

Edit: They're both French I feel rather embarrassed.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Last edited by Weeping_Demon7 at Jul 10, 2011,
goal waas

and

shit arn, but slightly elongate the i and the r is only half as long as you'd think

and hertog jan = hertock yarn
Quote by funeralllllllll
goal waas

and

shit arn, but slightly elongate the i and the r is only half as long as you'd think

For some distinct reason, I feel like that is not the right way to pronounce those......
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
For some distinct reason, I feel like that is not the right way to pronounce those......

i can vouch for goal waas. i know some french.

i would also say gitanes is pronounced 'zhit-AAN'
Go Veg.
Quote by funeralllllllll
goal waas

and

Does Gitanes really have a soft G?

Quote by im not mental
i can vouch for goal waas. i know some french.

i would also say gitanes is pronounced 'zhit-AAN'

Ahh, that would clarify some of my confusion. I'd never heard a french G make the shh sound.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Wouldn't it be pronounced goal waa without the s on the end?

EDIT: Apparently not
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Nein man, goal waas and jitaan (soft G). And most people understand english (except in france), so you should be fine.
Scientists write papers and books. Engineers make money.
Quote by funeralllllllll

Ehm, Belgium makes fantastic beer.

Leffe and Hoegarden. You shut up now.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Ehm, Belgium makes fantastic beer.

Leffe and Hoegarden. You shut up now.

Don't forget Kasteelbier and the good Abdij beers.

And yeah you can get Marlboro and Camel over here, I prefered lucky strike when I still smoked.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
try out Regals when you're in the UK. My favourite cigs are Lucky Strikes anyway so there's not much I can tell an american
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by funeralllllllll

Quote by funeralllllllll

Quote by funeralllllllll

don't drink beer in belgium

lol wut?

Belgium produces some of the best beer in the world, with a range and variety of incredible beers unmatched by any country, you would be an idiot not to drink belgiun beer, especially some of the smaller, less well known brands (i.e. not stella).
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Belgium and Denmark are said to produce to highest quality beers in the world. The dutch on the other hand are really good at making good high quantity beers like Heineken, Grolsh and Bavaria.

For cigarettes. Everything you buy here is fine. Lucky strike is always a good one. They sell marlboro as well though.

and it's pronounced (in syllables you can actually pronounce) huhrtock yahn and goal-wahz.
The corners of your mouth feel dry and rather itchy, don't they?

(oh god, I just noticed this one) Your penis is never quite comfortable in its current position.

oh btw:
manual blinking activated
Last edited by Will-kun at Jul 11, 2011,
For an update: Europe was amazing, as I expected.

I smoked about 3 packs of Gauloise, 2 Marlbs (once because it was all the station sold), and 1 Camel pack (when I first landed in Amsterdam, I still couldn't figure out how to pronounce Gauloise.)

As for the beers, I made a rather extensive list of the ones I tried. My favorite one in hindsight would probably have to be Cramberger (I think that's the spelling). It had a nice malty balance. It was also the first beer I had in Amsterdam.

Heineken was often times the only beer that a place had on tap. And if it wasn't Heineken it was Grolsch.

All in all, the beer in Europe truly is better than in America (not that I ever disagreed with that statement). Cigs are cigs, for the most part, but I do think that I enjoyed the Gauloise Blues slightly better than Marlb Lights.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Do not smoke Gauloises or Gitanes. Please, do yourself a favour.

JOLLY GOOD EDIT: Never mind...
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.