Ok lemme start by saying i'm new to guitar i've been playing for 3 years

Now that thats over, i'll start by saying i need help BADLY!!!
When i first started playing guitar i thought it was all about the crazy left hand movement.

With my left i can do virtually anything i want too but when i actually want to pick some notes it starts to sound like a horse ****ing a rabbit

Sweeping i'm not too worried, Its just alternate picking across strings that i don't understand. Down up down up down up okay i get that but when i go to switch strings i tend to hit the string i'm trying to switch from and it makes this "not sexy" extra nose on my guitar can anyone help me out?
Learn to mute the strings with your hands.
Palm muting with your right, and using fingers to mute the left.
This mutes the strings that you are no longer using and keeps it sounding tidy.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
learn to mute strings, maybe also economy picking to make your switch more fluids
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Quote by Contrast412
when i go to switch strings i tend to hit the string i'm trying to switch from and it makes this "not sexy" extra nose on my guitar can anyone help me out?

Slow down and work on not hitting that string.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by Aleksi
Slow down and work on not hitting that string.

+1000 to this and also use a metrenome and start at say something relatively slow 80 bpm using sextuplets and get an exercise like say:

b --------------------------------------------------------12 13 14 15 14 13 12
g 12 13 14 15 14 13 12 --------------------------------------------------------
d ----------------------------15 14 13 12 13 14 15-----------------------------

and then once your competent bump up the speed and so on.
Last edited by ibanart300 at Jul 11, 2011,