hello all

Im thinking of putting a jaguar pickup in the bridge position of a telecaster. I was hoping to get some feedback on whether or not this will work. It would also be awesome if someone had a picture of a tele (mexican) without the bridge or the pick guard on.

Thanks
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
I'm pretty sure the Jaguar pickup is longer and slimmer than the Tele pickup. Don't quote me on that though, I haven't seen a Jag in a while so my perception may be a bit off.
I pride myself on my humility.
it won't work without modding.

jazzmaster pickups are near p90's in dimension, with the jazzmasters having a slightly bigger body.

it wouldn't be all that simple, as you would need to route a larger access to the telecaster, and change the bridge as well.
I am aware that i was going to need to change the bridge. I was thinking of putting on one like this: http://www.guitarfetish.com/Black-Hardtail-Bridge-for-Teles-and-Strats_p_112.html

Also how much bigger will the bridge route need to be? if it is only slightly then i dont have a problem creating a little space for it, but if it is going to require some serious routing then i may reconsider.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
also can a jaguar pickup be installed without a claw and cover?
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
it really depends, because i don't have the dimensions for a tele bridge.

jaguars have had mostly jazzmaster pickups, single coils, and humbuckers.

if you want to go with the classic, and add in jazzmaster (which is what i think you wish.) then you won't need to do too much routing. and jazzmaster pickups can be installed without covers and everything, it just takes time. however, it will typically look cleaner if you do go with a cover.

my advice, go with a mini humbucker. they will sound very similar to jazzmasters, and they are slightly smaller. plus you get the added benefit of the hum canceling.
i have a jazzmaster pickup in the neck position already. I am thinking that a jaguar pickup in the bridge will work because a jaguar pickup is only .071(inches) wider than a regular tele pickup. The only thing that is holding me back is whether or not the fact that it wont have a 'claw' and a cover will be an issue.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
ahh ok, now i see what your saying.

the jaguar pickup will work, but honestly, a cover will hide the fact that you had to do some more routing.

and you can keep the claw, you simply have to accomodate for that. the only difference with them from single coils, are those metal plates, thats it really.

and just so you know, (in case for some reason you don't) those claws make the pickups alot brighter, so unless you are wanting an EVEN brighter bridge pup, the claws may or may not be to your benefit.
thanks for the input. So if i understand correctly i should be able to remove the old bridge and pickup slap a new start style bridge on there. Then make a little bit of space to drop in the jaguar pickup. What i want to do is get the pickup mounted and then put the cover on a later date after ive seen how it looks. So this should all work no problem correct?
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
no problem, correct. it will take some effort, but its nothing huge.

just as long as the bridge you get fits with the existing holes drilled for the tele bridge, then you will be good. thats really the only forseable problem.

p.s., you'll want to make sure you get a hardtail bridge.
awesome thanks for the info, ive got the bridge ordered, im going to make sure that it fits before i order the pickup. Ill try to post some pics after i get done with it.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2