ok so, im currently saving up for a high end guitar, thinking something like a gibson les paul trad pro, a LPC or a PRS custom 24.

my problem comes from here:

although it sounds wierd, musically, i for some reason get inspired by super strat guitars. like i mean, pretty much any solo or riff ive written on my godin redline turned out to be really good, even other people think so. but Id like to get a les paul and get something totally different than what i currently own. and i have played les pauls that i liked very fondly/fell in love with, but im not sure they will give me that inspiration superstrats give me.

the upside of the prs is that its a beautiful guitar, and is like a more perfect version of my godin, has 2 pickups, very versatile, a non locking trem, and 24 frets, as well as a 25" scale which isnt too different than what im used to.

another thing, i hate playing superstrat guitars standing up/in a band, but theres nothing more comfortable for me sitting down than a superstrat.....
Eh... so what's the question?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
wether i should go for a guitar completly different from what i already have, or a guitar thats alot better than a guitar i currently have and have been inspired by. i know it sounds kind of wierd how a paerticular guitar shape can inspire you but for me it just does......
Isn't that a matter of tastes?

Maybe its really a matter of perception - riffs written on one guitar seem to be more inspiring?

In any case I suspect you have a firm favourite already. If its tech specs or cuts or something more tangible, it'd be easier to help. If its really a case of which you prefer... then you're better off tossing a coin.

What if the next Les Paul you pick up really inspires you? Or what if the PRS just fails to draw even one good riff from your fingers? Its kinda hard to help with matters relating to inspiration.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
yea, like its something else apart from the guitar, because both feel really good in my hands and one day i would like to own both, but right now there isnt the option for that.

its like i know i can write good material on my godin, but i cannot write a good riff or lick for the life of my on my telecaster or V.

im thinking the custom 24 would help with the inspiration, it is very versatile, similar shape and scale length, more frets a dn a similar bridge except the PRS one is a vintage trem too.
the PRS also kills the Gibsons and my godin on fret acess.

but ive always wanted an LP too, the custom just sits right in my hands, but theres the price and a lack of features.

also ive had problem after problem with my Gibson V, so thats making me leery of buying another, even more expensive gibson, even though it feels great its got like nothing else....