Page 1 of 2
Ill start off with one.

"Anal sex is a lot like spinach: if you're forced to have it as a child, you won't enjoy it as an adult."-Daniel Tosh
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
"some of the worst mistakes
of my life have been harcuts"
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
"My momma always said life is a like a box of tissues, you never know when you're gonna run out" - Frank Sinatra.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops." - Stephen Jay Gould

"ur a lesbein no wonder why u listen to jawbreaker" - blackscreen99 from Youtube.

"Your Honor, years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth. I said then, and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene Debs.
"War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children" -Jimmy Carter
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass
Or rats' feet over broken glass
In our dry cellar
-T S Eliot
"An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship." - William Blake

"Music is just jiggly air." - Some UGer
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
‎"The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here and you are out there."-Yasutani Roshi
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
"What doesn't cause cancer?"
"Weed."
A callous exterior isn't an uncommon way of protecting ideals; it hides the idealists from the derision of fools and cowards. But it also immobilizes them, so that, in trying to preserve their ideals, they risk losing them.
With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
"Get on the plane, that's what they say. Get on the plane. F**k you, I'm getting in the plane." - George Carlin

also, most things on Monty Python
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
the one in my sig.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I ****ing hate conservatives, but I really ****ing hate liberals.

I'm ignorant, not stupid.
sunbather is shit
“Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”
- Winnie the Pooh
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
"If you want to achieve anything truly worthwhile, the first thing you have to do is scratch the word 'impossible' out of your vocabulary. Go to your teacher, and cross it out of the class dictionaries. Because if mankind ever only does what seems possible or what seems easy or feasible instead of the hard, challenging, and what naysayers will call impossible, mankind will stagnate, and never move forward. The goals truly worth fighting for are the ones people will call impossible." - Neil Armstrong

Or something like that. It's not verbatim, as he never does any press stuff for being the first man on the moon, so I was still so surprised from seeing him I don't remember the exact wording, but that was more or less it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jul 10, 2011,
Quote by necrosis1193
"If you want to achieve anything truly worthwhile, the first thing you have to do is scratch the word 'impossible' out of your vocabulary. Go to your teacher, and cross it out of the class dictionaries. Because if mankind ever only does what seems possible or what seems easy or feasible instead of the hard, challenging, and what naysayers will call impossible, mankind will stagnate, and never move forward. The goals truly worth fighting for are the ones people will call impossible." - Neil Armstrong

Or something like that. It's not verbatim, as he never does any press stuff for being the first man on the moon, so I was still so surprised from seeing him I don't remember the exact wording, but that was more or less it.

I ****ing hate this quote.
Quote by trueamerican
I ****ing hate this quote.

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
^

Quote by trueamerican
Bertrand Russell and Noam Chomsky are veritable quote machines.
I can agree with this sentiment.
Quote by due 07
^

I can agree with this sentiment.

If you truly doubt that Ralph Waldo Emerson is the most eminently quotable man ever (aside from the author of the Bible), then you're beyond help.

That's not to say I agree with most, or everything, he has to say. In fact, I disagree with a lot of his optimistic and sappy quotes. But that doesn't mean he isn't the most quotable person ever.
Quote by trueamerican
http://www.wittytitlehere.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/obamaIcwutudidthar.jpg

If you truly doubt that Ralph Waldo Emerson is the most eminently quotable man ever (aside from the author of the Bible), then you're beyond help.

That's not to say I agree with most, or everything, he has to say. In fact, I disagree with a lot of his optimistic and sappy quotes. But that doesn't mean he isn't the most quotable person ever.
"One must never underestimate the power of a good hairdo. I'd like to write a song about hairdos. Not about the people under them. Then the 'dos have a power by themselves." - David Byrne
Quote by Carl Sagan
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

This one.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
-HP Lovecraft

"Sometimes life's so much cooler when you just don't know any better and all the painful lessons have not hammered your head open yet."
-Anthony Kiedis

"Life is Tetris, we're all just four blocks, we may be different colors and shapes, but we need each other to be complete."
-no idea where I found it

and a lot of stuff from this book

cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jul 11, 2011,
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." - Richard Dawkins

"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he does good not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it.” - Mikhail Bakunin. Bakunin is very quote-able as well.

"Democracy don't rule the world, You'd better get that in your head; This world is ruled by violence, But I guess that's better left unsaid." - Bob Dylan
After seeing your sig, due, I nominate blake1221, simply because of that one quote. That one quote > all other quotes in the world, combined.
Quote by trueamerican
After seeing your sig, due, I nominate blake1221, simply because of that one quote. That one quote > all other quotes in the world, combined.

Backed.
Quote by trueamerican

I clicked on the link and though "There's a fancy name for that?"

Then I read this:

Quote by Wikipedia
Dunning and Kruger were awarded the 2000 Ig Nobel Prize in Psychology for their report, "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments".

Made me feel better.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by jonathan666666
"This is tacky and inappropriate." my friend Mike

i bet he said that about ur mom lolollololololollololol
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Page 1 of 2