SO i just got back from visiting my step-mom's mom (she had to have total knee reconstruction surgery so we went to help out) and my amp was working fine before we left. Though i didnt unplug it i did have it turned off with the guitar unplugged, but there was no unusual hum/buzz (nothing i havent gotten before anyway). now when i play the 3 wound strings i get this crescendo-ing buzz that gets louder than hell if im not careful. ive tried both channels and this happens with both. i have 2 questions: 1 is what could be causing this and 2) we have one of those thing you plug into the wall to get rid of mice and other pest be send a signal though your house's wiring. could this be the cause of the interference?
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
1.) hard to say. you could have got a power surge or lightening strike while you were done which would help explain why it is doing it now but not before.

2.) lots of different things can interfere with an amp - especially a tube amp.

is this a tube amp and can you play this amp at a different location? turn off the mouse thing and try a different room. Edit: I see you have a solid state Raven - is this the amp we are talking about?
Yes its the Raven. its the only one i have at the moment and its only had this problem here at my dad's. ive played at a couple friends' and it never even hums, even with the guitar right on top of it. and i unplugged the mouse thing that didnt help much.
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier

Quote by jsync
3 pin plug and the house is only about 4 years old so cant imagine that it would be a grounding problem
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier

Quote by jsync
yeah i hear ya, the amount of stuff wrong with the house when they were finished would surprise you, but yeah it only happens at my dads
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier

Quote by jsync
^if that is the case then it really points to the power at that house

try it at a friends or a store or something and report back.

but yeah, lots of things can cause buzzing - so lets start with this. also try your guitar in a different amp and maybe try a different guitar in your amp.
alright i'll try that when i can, both of the guys i hang out with are out of town, and i really do not like any of the guitar shops around here so i'll see what i can do.
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier

Quote by jsync