I need an easy song to learn all the way threw, doesn't matter what it is as long as it's solo is easy and isn't rap or screamo, please give me suggestions? I'm good at making my own music but suck at following someone else's lol thanks
Quote by xadioriderx
no guidelines? does it have to have a solo? acoustic or electric? strumming or fingerpicking? etc

Does not have to have a solo can be acoustic or electric, and both strumming and finger picking
Caught in the Middle (Dio), such a lesser known song, and you can completely wiff the fast part of the solo by just doing a fast pentatonic lick. More of a vocal song, but whatevs
EDIT: Strumming and Fingerpicking? Stairwa- wait, no.
Last edited by Skullivan at Jul 11, 2011,
Quote by Skullivan
Caught in the Middle (Dio), such a lesser known song, and you can completely wiff the fast part of the solo by just doing a fast pentatonic lick. More of a vocal song, but whatevs
EDIT: Strumming and Fingerpicking? Stairwa- wait, no.

I meant either are ok, but songs can have both for exmple I can play neil youngs my my hey so I wont have a problem with that it's going fast that I have trouble with.
You could always do Floyd's acoustic stuff. Like Wish you were here or Mother.
Super easy songs and great to sing along with

Here's some of the acoustic stuff that I play sometimes when I gig alone.
Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop by Landon Pigg
Night Will Go As Follows by The Spill Canvas
Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton
Everything is the Same by Colour Revolt
Wonderwall by Oasis

..... You could also try playing Roundabout by Yes. If you're feeling a bit crazy

Or if you have an electric you could try
(Easy)
Dammit by Blink-182
Stellar by Incubus
Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
(Intermediate)
Scar Tissue by The Red Hot Chili Peppers
War Pigs by Black Sabbath
Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix
Rest in Peace Kimberly Kazuko Yoshida

so random ->
Quote by Marley Tokunaga
You could always do Floyd's acoustic stuff. Like Wish you were here or Mother.
Super easy songs and great to sing along with

Here's some of the acoustic stuff that I play sometimes when I gig alone.
Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop by Landon Pigg
Night Will Go As Follows by The Spill Canvas
Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton
Everything is the Same by Colour Revolt
Wonderwall by Oasis

..... You could also try playing Roundabout by Yes. If you're feeling a bit crazy

Or if you have an electric you could try
(Easy)
Dammit by Blink-182
Stellar by Incubus
Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
(Intermediate)
Scar Tissue by The Red Hot Chili Peppers
War Pigs by Black Sabbath
Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix

if youre into blink, i have had a ton of fun with the song Carousel, one of their older songs, the intro is just a blast to tweak and play with =D

blurry by puddle of mudd, my brother and i recorded us doing that last night, its mostly strumming, but theres a place for a solo and you can make your own solo for the touch, it would be pretty great! we did ours acoustic, search for the acoustic version

if you like a bit more punk/rock style, we also just did Verbena - The Desert, its really fun to play and has a few cool riffs in it.

under the bridge by red hot chili peppers is another one that has good fingerpicking and strumming combined, can do acoustic or electric with it
Quote by xadioriderx
if youre into blink, i have had a ton of fun with the song Carousel, one of their older songs, the intro is just a blast to tweak and play with =D

blurry by puddle of mudd, my brother and i recorded us doing that last night, its mostly strumming, but theres a place for a solo and you can make your own solo for the touch, it would be pretty great! we did ours acoustic, search for the acoustic version

if you like a bit more punk/rock style, we also just did Verbena - The Desert, its really fun to play and has a few cool riffs in it.

under the bridge by red hot chili peppers is another one that has good fingerpicking and strumming combined, can do acoustic or electric with it

YES!
I forgot about Under the Bridge. It might be a bit of a stretch if you're just starting, but it is good for you to do that stretch. If it's too hard you should try to do it on a smaller scale guitar. Fruschiante (I think that's how to spell it) plays it on a Jaguar so it's like.. extra easy.
Rest in Peace Kimberly Kazuko Yoshida

so random ->
Quote by Marley Tokunaga
YES!
I forgot about Under the Bridge. It might be a bit of a stretch if you're just starting, but it is good for you to do that stretch. If it's too hard you should try to do it on a smaller scale guitar. Fruschiante (I think that's how to spell it) plays it on a Jaguar so it's like.. extra easy.

I'm no begging, go have a look at my my hey hey by neil young it's like the only song I can play all the way through, and I really need to add more songs to my bag of tricks.
Another good one by the peppers with a real easy solo is Californication. Great use of some simple bar chords and open chords and a little amount of string skipping. I learn't this song when I was first starting guitar and it was one of the first songs I learn't the whole way through. Also as Marley said Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd is also a great song to learn the whole way through with a nice easy solo at the start.
Try good riddance (time of your life) by green day. good song, great for paying around a campfire or wherever, easy, and only has 2 chord progressions.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Dammit by blink and californication are probably best. I'd put off under the bridge and scar tissue for a little bit.
Welcome Home - Coheed and Cambria, has an awesome intro lick
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Lay Down by Priestess is very very easy. Even the solo.
Breaking the Law- Judas Priest. No solo, extremely easy.
All the Small Things- Blink 182.
Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison- way too easy.
Talk Dirty to Me- Poison. (a few fills and solo are a wee bit hard but still pretty easy)
Sunshine of Your Love is damn easy.
Miles of Machines?

JK, I'm trying to learn that one right now, up to the first minute... F you Jeff, F you...

But basically there's a lot of easy songs already suggested here, a lot of them would be good for you. Basically a lot of the mainstream modern rock would be good too, seeing as they're all just loads of power-chords and solos in octaves and other junk (Stereotyped).
Where's Waldo?
dont cry - gnr

starts with a finger picking on simple open chords, then during the chorus you just strum some power chords, and the solo is pretty easy if you are ok at bends and hammer ons.