im going to be getting an ibanez rg350 soon and it comes with the edge II bridge with the ZPS3 system. Can someone please explain to me the purpose of the zero point system? I know how floating trems work and how to properly setup/maintain them but this is making no sense to me. This is the exact guitar http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RG350MRGM/ but im getting it from a local dealer. Thanks in advance!
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez S320 Black
Epiphone AJ-1000

Future Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
also, the ZPS3 means that even if you break a string, your bridge wont go flinging itself out of tune, like normal floating trems.

this was why Herman Ri was able to finish playing TTFAF when he broke a string while recording.
Ok so it makes the trem more stable. Does it still act like a full floating trem? can you dive bomb and pull notes up?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez S320 Black
Epiphone AJ-1000

Future Gear:
You can push down and pull up with the ZPS engaged like a regular floyd rose, but pushing down is a little harder to do as opposed to if it was fully floating. It's hard to explain how the system works, but once you see one in real life and play around with it you'll see how it works in a few seconds. Some people don't like it because it's a tiny bit harder to push down, but really it's not that much harder. If you don't like it, you can always take it out and make it fully floating like a regular floyd rose.

The point of the system is to increase tuning stability when playing. You're unison bends will be in tune.
Last edited by zincabopataurio at Jul 11, 2011,
You can't flutter and you won't go out of tune if a string breaks, that's about all the ZPS does. You can take it off if you want to.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
I own one. You can use the whammy pretty much, maybe not do dive bombs but unless all you do is play Van Halen and Pantera you wont miss it that much.

And I'm pretty much sure it does not stay in tune if you break a string (altough of course will do better compared to a normal FR). Which really doesnt matter, because you wouldnt continue playing without a string would you?

Also, the thumb-adjustable trem is the best thing on the world. You can move the trem forward or backwards easily with it.
Last edited by 1990EAM at Jul 11, 2011,
Just to confirm....it will most definitely go out of tune if a string breaks, and you can still bend strings out of tune by bending a different string than the one you play. It's just not as bad as a normal FR-bridge. It's much more stable.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Ok thanks a lot for explaining what it does. I look forward to seeing it in person.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez S320 Black
Epiphone AJ-1000

Future Gear: