Because it's so satisfying to see justice served.

(never seen the show)
Balls.
Last edited by rmr024 at Jul 11, 2011,
Did your dialup just finally loaded up a wiki on the show or what?
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
I don't really find it funny. For me it's interesting that the pedophiles seem like nice, regular people but they can do such a sinister thing like raping a kid.
West Ham United
anyone find it interesting how many new threads get made after 2:00 PM.
Yes the show is filled with nasty ****s who sometimes want to get bung hole action.
Quote by King Donkey
I don't really find it funny. For me it's interesting that the pedophiles seem like nice, regular people but they can do such a sinister thing like raping a kid.

Seems logical to me. Most of them seem like the socially awkward, insecure type who would be afraid to approach a woman. Therefore, they go for children since they feel superior to them because of their age. Then theres the ones that come off as creepy sexual deviants.

To Catch a Predator Suicide
Quote by 2trouble
Seems logical to me. Most of them seem like the socially awkward, insecure type who would be afraid to approach a woman. Therefore, they go for children since they feel superior to them because of their age. Then theres the ones that come off as creepy sexual deviants.

To Catch a Predator Suicide

I remember one time a guy brought his son along to one of the set-ups. I know he was an asshole and probably abused his son but I still found it really sad when the police took his kid away and he was crying.
West Ham United
Yea and there was one who brought his sister and her kids (they were unaware as to what was happening). There was one guy who had been caught twice and he seemed to be a bit mentally challenged and another guy with cerebral palsy. I remember a truck driver who spoke really fast and was hard to understand; turned out they found a good amount of cocaine in his posession.

Like I said before, those guys usually fall into the category of sexual deviant or socially awkward. I dont really agree with putting them on TV like that though. Im surprised more suicides havent happened. All of those people need help and shaming them on TV only makes them more of an outcast but doesnt help resolve their issues.
What do they charge them with? They don't have any contact with a minor at any point.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
What do they charge them with? They don't have any contact with a minor at any point.

I think the charges depend on where it takes place since different states have different laws, but most are at least charged with attempting unlawful acts with a minor. Ive heard the detectives questioning the men mention that they commit a crime as soon as they set up a meeting with the "child". Thats what happened with the guy in Texas who killed himself, he never showed up so they went to his home to arrest him and he committed suicide while they were attempting to enter. He was an assistant District Attorney. There was also a sting in Texas where the DA refused to prosecute the cases and charges against all the men in that sting were dropped.
I don't know about the series as a whole, but I saw a few episodes and quite honestly I thought it was bullshit what they're doing. They act like they're setting up these disgusting pedophiles and child molesters, and yet the "bait" usually only claims to be a year or two under the age of consent. Now, I'm not saying I condone fully grown men having sex with 15 year old girls, but it's hardly on the same level as people who **** little kids and sick shit like that. That's why the show pisses me off - it equates going after jailbait (a creepy but relatively minor offense) with full-blown pedophilia.

Then again, I only saw a few episodes like I said so that might not be the case all time. Although the whole thing reeks of entrapment anyhow, so it's still pretty stupid IMO.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Because they get away with it.

http://reporter.blogs.com/thresq/2009/01/by-matthew-belloni--datelines-to-catch-a-predator-series-always-fascinated-us-and-not-just-because-there-are-still-men-out-t.html

And frankly, I prefer all those pedophiles to the owner of Perverted Justice. That guy is just a prick.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Jul 11, 2011,
Quote by teachmeviolence
I don't know about the series as a whole, but I saw a few episodes and quite honestly I thought it was bullshit what they're doing. They act like they're setting up these disgusting pedophiles and child molesters, and yet the "bait" usually only claims to be a year or two under the age of consent. Now, I'm not saying I condone fully grown men having sex with 15 year old girls, but it's hardly on the same level as people who **** little kids and sick shit like that. That's why the show pisses me off - it equates going after jailbait (a creepy but relatively minor offense) with full-blown pedophilia.

Then again, I only saw a few episodes like I said so that might not be the case all time. Although the whole thing reeks of entrapment anyhow, so it's still pretty stupid IMO.

It's pretty much the case all the time. There's practically no rape involved. Ever. They just either expect it to happen or are just blind to the fact that they're impersonating kids who are literally asking for it. As sick as people may think pedophilia is, it really just boils down to the hate of a different lifestyle. It isn't justice at all.
Quote by WizMystery
It's pretty much the case all the time. There's practically no rape involved. Ever. They just either expect it to happen or are just blind to the fact that they're impersonating kids who are literally asking for it. As sick as people may think pedophilia is, it really just boils down to the hate of a different lifestyle. It isn't justice at all.

WTF?

They are sick people who should go to hell when they die for abusing children,don't ever try to defend those sickos.
Quote by Axelfox
WTF?

They are sick people who should go to hell when they die for abusing children,don't ever try to defend those sickos.

You mad?

I find it funny to watch these ametuars get caught.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Axelfox
WTF?

They're not abusing children, they're looking to have consensual sex with teenagers. Don't get me wrong, adults ****ing teens is sort of messed up but it's NOT the same thing as pedophilia.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
I never knew about this show until now... I've been watching it on youtube for an hour and it's pretty f*cking hilarious
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Because of Hansen's one-liners when he jumps in or because of the newfound irony of Chris Hansen's presenting a show about having affairs with people half your age...
That show makes me really uncomfortable. Not even pedophiles deserve that kind of humiliation. It's entrapment as well and you aren't going to get around that.