hi,i wanna buy i pedal to bost my marshall avt150 combo(please don't tell too chenge the amp ,i don't have the ability to do that)
i think blackstar drive and boost pedal are better than maxon ts9 because they have tubes in them and can help my avt clean or drive channel.what's your opinion?
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
Last edited by james.hetfield at Jul 11, 2011,
i couldnt say that i wouldnt like the blackstar boost tube pedal thing but the ts9 is meant to boost the amp and maybe color the sound a bit or less than tubes
not to mention to tighten that amp up
NO, your amp is a hybrid, it only has one preamp tube, boosting that amp will NOT work.

In all honesty, if you have the 4 channels, you really may aswell just tweak them to your liking, messing with a pedal it wont work with will only make things worse and more hassle.

Also the tube in the Blackstar pedal doesn't make it any better, kinda like the tube in the AVT really.. it does change the sound, but doesn't particularly make it better, I'd actually go with the Maxon OD-808

This is from a previous owner of the AVT150 head
Mesa/Boogie Studio Pre | Marshall EL34 50/50 Power | Harley Benton 2x12 V30's

How do you like, your mids in the morning?
You need a new amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Bigaxmax
NO, your amp is a hybrid, it only has one preamp tube, boosting that amp will NOT work.

In all honesty, if you have the 4 channels, you really may aswell just tweak them to your liking, messing with a pedal it wont work with will only make things worse and more hassle.

Also the tube in the Blackstar pedal doesn't make it any better, kinda like the tube in the AVT really.. it does change the sound, but doesn't particularly make it better, I'd actually go with the Maxon OD-808

This is from a previous owner of the AVT150 head

so if i buy a dist pedal like hardwire tl2 to the clean channel will that be better?i want metallica tone and i'm planning to buy a wah- a noise gate and a dist/od and maybe an eq.are they useful?i also have a gnx4 how about to use that with avt and don't buy any pedals?will those pedals increase the tone quality?
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
I used to run a Line 6 Pod XT Live through mine, using the pod for all the distortions etc.
which is OK but to be quite honest, it wasn't exactly an upgrade, and after a while I stopped using the pod and just used the amps channels and was much happier with it

With the AVT, none of those pedals will shine unfortunately, because the amp has a parallel effects loop (instead of series) the pedals like the EQ and noise gate won't function properly as they need to be in a series loop.

At this stage with the AVT, the only pedal you can't really go wrong with is the wah, research into wahs and find one you like and go for that if you need it.

Then go for tuner/EQ/noise gate, etc. but what you REALLY need is a new amp.

I moved from the AVT to a Mesa Studio Preamp into a Marshall EL34 50/50 poweramp and 2x12 with V30's which is pretty much instant Metallica among Mark IIC+ tones and more, the AVT does not even compare.
Mesa/Boogie Studio Pre | Marshall EL34 50/50 Power | Harley Benton 2x12 V30's

How do you like, your mids in the morning?
Quote by Bigaxmax
what you REALLY need is a new amp.

I moved from the AVT to a Mesa Studio Preamp into a Marshall EL34 50/50 poweramp and 2x12 with V30's which is pretty much instant Metallica among Mark IIC+ tones and more, the AVT does not even compare.

so listen please,i live in iran,the hell of the world,i was very very fortunate that i found this used amp in here's market because there's no other amps,no mesas,no peaveys,engls... all of my friends and even my teacher! is jealous of me because i have this amp!!!

so i really really don't have the ability to change this and please help me make a better tone of this holy peace of shit!
i want a metallica rhythm tone-hammetts's lead tone and a solo tone like petrucci's(i know these tones are not achievable with these gears but maybe something near them)
i'm planned a crybaby 535q+hardwire tl2+ns2 for metallica rhythm and hammet's lead and cause i've never saw these pedals i don't know are they good for this

and for petrucci/vai/sach like tone i'm thinking of a way to boost the amps drive channel maybe a maxon od808 or eq(or my ds2) that you say they are'nt good for this amp and for modulation i wanna use amp's onboard delay/reverb(i'm on budget)

so please help me because we are on very bad situation on every aspect of life i think if every one were on our position even didn't try this style of music because gigging/making albums/online buying,having a girlfriend ... is BANNED here,thanks
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
Last edited by james.hetfield at Jul 11, 2011,