Okay so my Epiphone Les Paul Standard (cherry sunburst) looks pretty plain right now. I've taken the pick guard off, but I feel like I want my guitar to look more individual. Other than repainting, what ways can I achieve this? I was thinking the obvious replace the tone knobs, possibly with those metal ones without any markings that look kinda like thimbles, but what else?
get coloured strings

and install fretlights
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Check out the "Dirty Metal" pick guards from Q Parts. They are metal (copper, brass, aluminum, etc) pickguards with a sculpted images on it (cross, skull, or long horn, etc).

http://qparts.com/index.php?cPath=26_78_81
Tie it to the back of a truck and drive for about a mile or so.

That's how to make a real relic.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
Quote by NeutralFan

That's how to make a real relic.

Having natural wear and tear is a real relic.
There's a real fine line between "individual" and "ugly".

Also, as pointed out, dragging your guitar behind a truck doesn't make a guitar "relic" (neither does the process Fender uses); a true "relic'd" guitar can only come from years of playing it.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
wear it and run through every door in your house, duct tape a puppy to it and glue pubic hair to the back of the neck.
some guitars
some amps
some pedals
some crabs
Quote by Mech-cannibal
wear it and run through every door in your house, duct tape a puppy to it and glue pubic hair to the back of the neck.
good idea!
Quote by andyscoot
Having natural wear and tear is a real relic.

My idea is still more authentic than some guy in a Fender factory pissing about with sand paper and wood chemicals.

Quote by Mech-cannibal

Ouch.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
Last edited by NeutralFan at Jul 12, 2011,