So I recently bought a MIM Fender Strat and figured I would use that as a platform to do some noobish guitar customizations. And seeing as I am not proficient enough with soldering for pickup swapping, I decided to improve the guitar's tuning stability.

Question is, where do I start? I won't be able to do everything related to improving tuning stability all at one time as I don't have the time nor money to do it all at once so I want to know which improvements should take top priority. For example, should I change the tuners to locking tuners or should I change the nut to some other nut, or maybe buy new saddles/bridge?
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
to start off cheaper look at Guitarfetish.com they have nice locking tuners for less than $40. Also look at there roller sting trees. This is how I would start out and you can do this for <$55+ shiping.
And just so you know soldoring is really easyand GFS also has really good deals on P/U's also, a strat set will run you @$50ish.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Graphite nut and locking/high ratio tuners are the simplest things you can do to improve stability. Take the string tree off your D and G string as they don't need it, get a graphite/rolling tree for your B and E string. Depending on how old the guitar is the saddles may have some pitting in them which binds the strings, GFS sells SS ones on the cheap as well as locking tuners as mentioned above.

One simple thing would be to buy a Graphtech Supercharger kit. They come with graphite saddles, TUSQ nut and string trees and some sandpaper to fit the nut. $54.99 on MF right here. Tuners don't really make a huge difference, you just need to string them right and your strings won't slip. The nut is the problem most of the time since the strings bind to it.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
you need to have good tuners, they make all the difference, apart from that either block the trem or tighten the spirings, my strat stays in tune for like 2 weeks