I'm buying a Vox Valvetronix AD50VT from my uncle and the whole point of me getting a new amp was that I wanted to have a multi effects pedal for it. So I fell in love with the Boss ME-70 it wasn't until recently that my uncle told me the falvtronix was a modelling amp and I've heard before that pedals dont do well with modelling amps but that was back when I played through a line 6. So my question is would the pedal and amp mix just fine together if I put it on the clean channel and use the effects for the tone or should I be looking at another amp? Also if anyone has any opinions on the Vox Valvetronix or the Boss ME-70 I'd be glad to hear them.
I sometimes use my rp355 in front of my cube and it sounds fine. It would probably sound better in front of a tube amp though. I play through headphones most of the time so I usually only use the amp for band practices.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
i have an AD50VT (currently lying around as an emergency backup amp), and i thought it sounded pretty sloppy with distortion pedals, even with a clean setting on the amp, but that might just be me and the fact i was pretty incompetent with pedals at the time.

generally the reason some modellers don't take pedals too well is because the digital processing is usually designed to work around a clean input signal, and if you're feeding it a distorted signal to process it doesn't really respond to it very well because that's just not the type of sound it's meant to be working with.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Well you say you were incompetent at the time with pedals is there anyway you could test it out now and see if you still have the same opinion?
If the amp has an FX Loop and you're plugging the FX units in there for modulation or pitch etc effects (delay, reverb, chorus, harmonizing, phasing reverb, pitchshifting etc) , it doesn't sound as bad... although this differs from amp to amp.

I've not tried external pedals on the VT amps... so I can't say, however; in my experience, a lot of modelers don't do so well with OD or distortions.

Some modelers can accept wahs ok... but not all. My Spider Valve didn't like my Bad Horsie for some reason.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I cant speak for the VT, but Ive owned several modelers, and the only one that took pedals half way diecent is my Spider Valve, but that was only through th FX loop, in front it was horrid.
Go try it out and see for yourself.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well im starting to look at the vox ac15vr and its not much more expensive and seems to be exactly what i need does anyone else have any opinions on this amp or even anything to say about the boss me 70?
Vox makes some nice amps, but just realize with the ac15 you won't have much clean headroom if your jamming with a band.
The only pedals I like by boss are there multi FX, it should work just fine.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate