Electo-Waves - first song on the mp3 list.

Main riff is an all-triplet riff, which I've never done before. First half of the song is all-metal, then it goes into a clean section with two solos in E-minor and E-minor pentatonic(for chineese kinda sound).

Dodging Asteroids - second song on the mp3 list.

It's a really nice all-clean song inspired by Frozen Synapse electronic music(which is a tactical game). I don't really know what genre it fits, I guess it would fit as a background music for a game or a film.

Both songs recorded with GP5.2 bass and drums and Audacity soft-wise.
Gear-wise I've used only RP355 and Cort KX5.

I'd really like to hear any critique on theese two songs, just don't be harsh on the drums, I really hate writing those. C4C
Kombat Gear:

Last edited by some1fat at Jul 11, 2011,
          Electro-Waves

I didn't really like the tone of the guitar.
          And the triplets are a bit overused in my opinion.
          the tone of the solo and solo itself is decent.
          I like the bit that repeats until the end.

I suggest working on tone and overall sound quality.

Dodging Asteroids.

Nice title, very fitting imo.
          The melodies are nice, but again, the tone doesn't do it justice.
          The drums quality aren't also so great, what do you use for that?
          It doesn't always have to be complicated in order to sound nice, but it seemed to be all percussive, no hi hats or cymbals or anything.
          I would also suggest a bassline or some rythm guitar to make it more complete.
          Your melodies repeat alot, but it's not something that I'll remember easily.
          For the end i would suggest making the fade out longer.
          Hope you see this as constructive crit and will keep making music and improve!

c4c https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458014
          Last edited by toine at Jul 11, 2011,
          Quote by toine
          Electro-Waves
          I didn't really like the tone of the guitar.
          I suggest working on tone and overall sound quality.

Dodging Asteroids.
          The melodies are nice, but again, the tone doesn't do it justice.
          The drums quality aren't also so great, what do you use for that?
          It doesn't always have to be complicated in order to sound nice, but it seemed to be all percussive, no hi hats or cymbals or anything.
          I would also suggest a bassline or some rythm guitar to make it more complete.

Yeah my friends consider me tone-deaf. I seem to be satisfied with almost any tone...
          Writing drums is REALLY hard for me, I use standard acoustic GP5 set.
          I almost always use bass, I just didn't really know what would fit that track.
          Thanks for crit.
          Kombat Gear:

Electro-Wave:

Yeah, Mainly the tone and the drums are a bit off me... Thats throughtout the whole thing. Also I didnt like those "triplet" part as mentioned above. Overused defiantly. So, id just work on tone mainly.

Dodging astroiest:

Just seems thin to me. First Id take off the delay and wierd effect off. I think it would work really nicely if you took those effects off and maybe have a slight echo or something. Overall I think its doing very nicely...

---
                  Electro Waves: Agree that the tone is a bit wierd, but it is unique and that might be something to build on? The song as a whole feels quite disjointed and the mix is lacking in presence, but it's good some cool ideas in it, just gotta work on tying it all together imo.

Dodging Asteroids: Mansonesque feel at the beginning... Cool feel overall but its hard to tell where it's going without a lead melody, it'd be good to hear it with some vocals? Once again some interesting tones that you could work off. They may not all sound the best yet, but if you can refine a unique sound you can get something special. Keep it up!
                  Electro Waves did seem to have a bit of an odd tone. The drums got barely off at points, but i did like the overall sound.
                  Dodging Asteroids has a really cool feel to it. I like it. Both songs had good sound quality.