Im looking for a metal amp that is able to get tones like in flames, lamb of god, and children of bodom.
I was looking at the roland cube and vox ad50vt.
i was wondering if u can get tones like that through the roland and vox?
And can u suggest me some other amps that can get those tones.?
i play a schecter hellraiser btw
what you need is a marshall MG or a line 6 spider IV.
the insane channel on the spider IV's is freaking amazing, it gives a great CoB sound.
/thread

/Trolling sequence terminated
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
A lot of it depends on where you are and how much you are willing to spend. Absent that information, take a look at Carvin's V3. It should suit your needs well.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Peavey 6505+ done.
-Gibson SG special - faded brown
-ESP LTD MH400NT w/ EMG 81 - 85
-Peavey Valve King 112
-Digitech Bad Monkey OD
-Dunlop Original Crybaby
-GHS strings
Vox? Really TS?
The Roland cube is the better of the two, but I hear good things out the peavey vypyr, we reall need a budget.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by W METALLICA W
Peavey 6505+ done.

For CoB and Lamb of God? Hell no. I swear it seems to have become where UG members simply read "Need metal amp..." and immediately jump to the 6505, regardless of the artists.

TS it sounds like you would want something along the lines of a Mesa Dual-Rec or Mark, but I strongly doubt you would be able to afford anything in that price range with your budget. Something like a Peavey Vypyr would get you somewhat close, but nowhere even close to exact.
Quote by W METALLICA W
Peavey 6505+ done.

+1.

Quote by Ian_the_fox
For CoB and Lamb of God? Hell no. I swear it seems to have become where UG members simply read "Need metal amp..." and immediately jump to the 6505, regardless of the artists.

No amp out there can get a LoG tone besides the Mark IV. But at least with the 6505 you can get in a general kind of ballpark, in a reasonable budget. The 6505 will be good for everything else he listed as well, so IMO it's a good compromise.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Also depends on what you're playing situation is. Bedroom only practice? Playing with a band? If it's for bedroom practice I wouldn't get a Mark IV, you'll never get a nice tone at bedroom volume. I have a Roland Cube and a Line 6 Spider IV, they're consistent at all volumes, but consistently shit unfortunately. You might want to try a Blackstar HT-5 for bedroom practice.

But if it's for with a band, there's tons of options. Bogner, Peavey, Marshall, Mesa/Boogie, Blackstar, there's tons of companies making great high gain amps. But if you're going with something in this category, it's usually a bit of an investment, so I wouldn't buy anything without spending some time in the store trying stuff out. Hopefully a store with an amp room where you can crank it.
Quote by Legion6789
Also depends on what you're playing situation is. Bedroom only practice? Playing with a band? If it's for bedroom practice I wouldn't get a Mark IV, you'll never get a nice tone at bedroom volume.

Not sure about the IV, but I belive the Mark V has a variable wattage selector and a Master Volume. You can get a good tone at any level. But still, I STRONGLY doubt it's anywhere in the TS's budget, nor the other brands that you mentioned (except the Marshall MG, but we all know how that is :rolleyes.