I was told that my nylon stringed guitar sounds dull. I bought new strings about 2 months ago. Any suggestions on how I can brighten the sound???
Clean them with some sort of String Cleaning thing! Look online or go to a store. If you wash your hands before you play guitar it will help keep natural body oils from raping the strings
Nylon stringed guitars generally sound pretty dull to begin with when compared with steel stringed guitars. Not much you can do about it. That's just how it is.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
i find that d'addario pro arte strings sound a bit brighter than augustine strings, but classical guitars and strings just aren't as bright as acoustic guitars. btw, it is possible that part of what makes your guitar seem to have a duller tone is a plastic nut and saddle or too much humidity. you may not be aware of this, but not only the guitar wood but also nylon is hygroscopic, which means they hold water. the most humid the room the guitar is in gets, the more the wood and strings retain water, making the guitar sound more blah.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
In addition to nice new strings and better-quality nut and saddle, classical guitars are very sensitive to how they're held.
Classical players work to achieve a position that lets the guitar vibrate freely; only the back edge of the instrument contacts the leg, and only the front/top edge contacts the arm. The rest of the instrument sholdn't be touching anything other than your fretting fingers, of course.
This allows for maximum vibration.
Composite strings (so-called carbon) tend to sound a bit 'brighter' than plain nylon.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
Get new strings?

Ditto that. Strings aren't that expensive. They're even cheaper if you buy on line. Costs 5-6 bucks a set for good ones.