Hi I don't have a lot of experience customizing my gear, and i'm trying to build a custom pickguard for my guitar. any suggestions on what material i should make it out of? thanks!
What style music do you play, cause I'm an indie fan and I would have the suggestion of suede.... which would not work at all so sorry i havent added anything to the conversation but I have never customised a pickguard!
thanks, and i usually play heavy metal, etc. i'm looking for something cheap and easy to cut,
ACRYLIC
(what perspex is, you can get it in any color, pearly, metallic, see-thru)

you can get a big enough sheet for 2 or 3 pounds on ebay.
its super easy to work with, just make sure once you cut it out, taper the edges with a file, sand it up to 1000 grit and polish it with rubbing compound for cars. tends to be what pickguards are made from.

also if you can get 3 1mm thick sheets, get 2 one color and a third a different color clamp them together with glue and voila... a 3ply pickguard, black and whatever color the guitar is for the middle one would be cool

i wouldnt recommend anything else to anyone
Last edited by SigSog at Jul 12, 2011,
I used a black tray that goes in the bottom of a dog cage.
Cause it's just that FREAKIN hard to find a sheet of black plastic.
Cusp of Magic
Marmalade.

In fact, don't bother. What you really need is a new amp.

OK, sorry.

If you don't want anything fancy and you're in the UK, use Axetec. They have lots of blanks as well as pre-cut pickguards in whatever material you like.

If you want to go over-the-top with something made of metal or moondust or some crazy shit like that, try Q-Parts. They have a whole range of mental pickguards.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
thanks, aaand i think i'm good without a moondust pickguard i am based out of canada, but thanks for the suggestions!
Quote by OtherGuy
What style music do you play, cause I'm an indie fan and I would have the suggestion of suede.... which would not work at all so sorry i havent added anything to the conversation but I have never customised a pickguard!

I wonder if you could stretch suede over a thin plastic pickguard and glue it at the back... that would be awesome....
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb