Stumbled across this while looking for a new guitar, it looks so pretty

Ibanez XH300

Was put off by the bolt-on neck and lack of tone control, though.
Kinda want to slice the wings off and stick them on a maple thru-neck. Put a tone control on that and I would be a very happy person

What does everyone else think of it?
Quote by AliMac16
Stumbled across this while looking for a new guitar, it looks so pretty

Ibanez XH300

Was put off by the bolt-on neck and lack of tone control, though.
Kinda want to slice the wings off and stick them on a maple thru-neck. Put a tone control on that and I would be a very happy person

What does everyone else think of it?

Each to their own XD what puts you off the AANJ bolt on?

It's not something I'd go for. Pickups will probably be a bit (very) crap, but other than that, can't see anything wrong with it as such.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
I prefer the extra sustain from neck-thru. Also, it feels like a sturdier construction (but I suppose bolt-ons are way easier to repair if something was to happen), but mostly the sustain.

If I did get it, I'd probably change the pickups anyway, but I could deal with the lack of tone control. I use it too much
i think its pretty

but then again, im a sucker for wierd shit like that.

fair love the pink and black burt!!!!
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Neck Thru guitars do not have better sustain than a bolt on.

I think you've answered your own question, if you use the tone control that much
Quote by pigeonmafia
Neck Thru guitars do not have better sustain than a bolt on.

^^^ This
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Last edited by DamagingExcess at Jul 11, 2011,
Dunno, I think the sustain thing is kinda debated. From my experience playing different guitars, I personally thought the neck-thru tended to have better sustain than bolt-ons, but thats just me.

As for the tone thing, there's nothing wrong with making use of what you've got. I think a lot of people kind of forget the tone and volume controls exist on the guitar, but I find it a simple way of adding a bit more colour and variety to my playing without using effects pedals or anything.

Both cases I think are really a personal preference.
I dunno what to think about the new line. I kind of like this one, something makes me hate the glaive, and I like the falchion and all the other x series models. But yea, Ibanez's actives, at least on the rga really suck.
Honk
Quote by AliMac16
Dunno, I think the sustain thing is kinda debated. From my experience playing different guitars, I personally thought the neck-thru tended to have better sustain than bolt-ons, but thats just me.

As for the tone thing, there's nothing wrong with making use of what you've got. I think a lot of people kind of forget the tone and volume controls exist on the guitar, but I find it a simple way of adding a bit more colour and variety to my playing without using effects pedals or anything.

Both cases I think are really a personal preference.

If a bolt on is done properly there shouldn't be a difference. It's possible it was in you head? Not to try to invalidate what your trying to say just throwing it out there
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
It might have just been me. Im just going with what I felt. In any case, I still personally prefer a neck-thru over a bolt-on.
Quote by DamagingExcess
If a bolt on is done properly there shouldn't be a difference. It's possible it was in you head? Not to try to invalidate what your trying to say just throwing it out there

It's because most shit guitars have bolt ons, and most top end guitars have neck thrus. So people naturaly get a certain bias towards each.

Even though, as you say, it's the quality not type of contruction that affects the sustain.