Source

A three year old was killed and three members of her family injured after their horse and buggy was hit by a tractor-trailer truck. One of the horses also died.

Mark Bohms has been charged with murder, operating a vehicle under the influence, three counts of assault and criminal mischief after running into a horse drawn buggy. In the buggy were four people. Three-year-old Barber Smoker was killed. Abram Smoker, 58, Susie Smoker, 57, and Katie Smoker, 15, were injured. The 15-year-old was listed in critical condition and the other two in stable condition according kentucky.com. The accident took place in Christian County in southern Kentucky.

According courier-journal.com the police report states as Bohms was cresting a hill on Friday evening he reached down to grab a cigarette. As he looked up he saw the horse drawn buggy and attempted to shift lanes. He hit the buggy so hard that it was knocked off its wheels and was flattened.

Sgt. Michael Felts of the Hopkinsville Police Department said in his ten years with the department he hasn't seen such a disaster involving the Amish community.

NewsChannel5.com reports Felt said, "This is, as far as I can remember in my 10 years, the first fatality that I can remember involving a buggy. But there have been incidences where they were crossing across 41 A and either the buggy got clipped or the horse got clipped, but no injuries, just damage to the horse or buggy."

tl;dr: A 3 year old Amish girl was killed and the rest of her family badly injured because a semi-truck hit them.

I think murder might be a bit harsh and vehicular manslaughter might be more proper, but the prosecutors might be trying to send a message that people need to be more careful in Amish country.

What do you think, Pit?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pretty stupid accident. Check is his driving licence!

Reaching to grab a cig? He shouldn't be allowed to drive. Stupid mistake.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Dirge Humani
Careful Zach, you might turn into the Amish thread guy.

One can only hope.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Not really enough information in there to judge.. Driving under influence is always very wrong, but that doesn't automatically make the accident the truck-drivers fault.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
This is really sad, but the guy's been charged with "Criminal Mischeif."

lol
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Quote by BurningStarlV
Where are they being treated? Wouldn't they consider our modern hospitals to be "the devils work"?

Receiving medical help isn't forbidden, but following that career path is because it requires education beyond 8th grade.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
Source

tl;dr: A 3 year old Amish girl was killed and the rest of her family badly injured because a semi-truck hit them.

I think murder might be a bit harsh and vehicular manslaughter might be more proper, but the prosecutors might be trying to send a message that people need to be more careful in Amish country.

What do you think, Pit?

I don't think murder is too harsh at all. If he was drinking and then decided to drive, he knows there's a higher chance of him causing an accident, but he does it anyway. He is completely reckless and should definitely be charged with murder.
Quote by zgr0826
Receiving medical help isn't forbidden, but following that career path is because it requires education beyond 8th grade.

Honk
Quote by zgr0826

Not necessarily, my dad is a database programmer and he works with an Amish guy. I guess he's a genius, he just read a book once through on whatever language they use and he could do it, never used a computer before.
sunbather is shit
Quote by Mukersman

It's true. The Amish don't do education beyond the 8th grade.

EDIT:

Quote by beefcake122
Not necessarily, my dad is a database programmer and he works with an Amish guy. I guess he's a genius, he just read a book once through on whatever language they use and he could do it, never used a computer before.

Except you have to go to college, then med school to become a doctor, and nursing requires college as well. Thus, the medical field is cut off for them.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Last edited by zgr0826 at Jul 11, 2011,
Amish uprising is now imminent

Historians will look back and argue whether it was this or the arrest of the 21 year old sexter that sparked it.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I don't think murder is too harsh at all. If he was drinking and then decided to drive, he knows there's a higher chance of him causing an accident, but he does it anyway. He is completely reckless and should definitely be charged with murder.

That's negligence and manslaughter then. Murder is pre-empted and intentional. Either way, he's a ****ing idiot who needs the maximum term.
Reminds me of an accident not far from my parents house where a flatbed carrying massive wooden A frames hit a low bridge, spilling the load onto a couple; killing them and orphaning a 3 year old they just dropped at nursery. He only got 12 months because he was a relief driver just asked that morning to drive the truck, and wasn't told to measure the load or anything.
Quote by ShadesOfNight
That's negligence and manslaughter then. Murder is pre-empted and intentional. Either way, he's a ****ing idiot who needs the maximum term.

Exactly what I'm thinking.

e-high five

Quote by ErikLensherr

Wow, as someone already said, you're turning into the "Amish Thread Guy". Oh well, I don't have much to say, and I still have this from the Amish sexting thread, although it doesn't have much context here, but oh well...

I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

Murder means it was done with malicious intent. We can't just go changing legal definitions because we're mad.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jul 11, 2011,
Quote by CPDmusic
Wow, as someone already said, you're turning into the "Amish Thread Guy".

I consider it an honor.

Oh well, I don't have much to say, and I still have this from the Amish sexting thread, although it doesn't have much context here, but oh well...

And that is still pure gold!

Quote by ErikLensherr

Oh you and your Amish.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
Horrible.

Funny though, that a family of Smokers were killed by a man reaching for a cigarette.
666 BRO
I've come close to hitting Amish buggies before, as there are some semi-large communities in my area. Scary shit.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by CPDmusic

That is great!

Edit: On topic though, so sad
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
i've noticed that this is your second Amish thread, you're not getting all obsessed with the Amish the way Woffelz is obsessed with pedophiles or the way Jewchords is obsessed with the pits pooping habbits or Eric_Fail is obsessed with making himself look stupid, are you?

you need help, Ziggy. you don't want to end up like them.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jul 12, 2011,
Quote by Dan_5893
I think it was a bit harsh to say that they were in a "stable" condition. I mean, just because they utilise horses for transport doesn't make them horses.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
It completely flattened buggy?

I guess you can say that semi had a...

CRUSHING OVERDRIVE.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Last edited by fearofthemark at Jul 12, 2011,
Quote by zgr0826
It's true. The Amish don't do education beyond the 8th grade.

EDIT:

Except you have to go to college, then med school to become a doctor, and nursing requires college as well. Thus, the medical field is cut off for them.

Didn't think of that; the place my dad works doesn't care what your degree was or even if you graduated, as long as you can code. I'm not sure how the amish guy got in but he did.
sunbather is shit
Quote by ShadesOfNight

For sure.
yo.

I BELIEVE
I guess he can be called Amush now.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by fearofthemark
It completely flattened buggy?

I guess you can say that semi had a...

CRUSHING OVERDRIVE.

so he didn't need a new amp?
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
Quote by theogonia777
i've noticed that this is your second Amish thread, you're not getting all obsessed with the Amish the way Woffelz is obsessed with pedophiles or the way Jewchords is obsessed with the pits pooping habbits or Eric_Fail is obsessed with making himself look stupid, are you?

you need help, Ziggy. you don't want to end up like them.

You need to stop trying to figure patterns in the pit.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.